Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
He never said anything about a maximum of 4 mate. He just made a general stock answer of 3-4 when asked at a presser by a journo. Common sense says he gives a number he feels certain we will get in rather than what he wants or hopes for.

It's in today's Echo mate. 4 maximum, it's not the quote from the press conference. I'll grab the link

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...41383#comments-section-liverpoolecho-11741383

Koeman added: “I am not 100% happy because we are still looking for two, three, four - maximum - new signings and it takes a little bit more time.

It's in today's Echo mate. 4 maximum, it's not the quote from the press conference. I'll grab the link

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...41383#comments-section-liverpoolecho-11741383

Koeman added: “I am not 100% happy because we are still looking for two, three, four - maximum - new signings and it takes a little bit more time.

Irrespective of that comment I still think we'll bring in 5

Be an interesting few weeks that's for sure.

Can't wait to get to the game today now, albeit I think we'll get beat. Oh well. COYB!!!!

No problem. I find half the stuff I write to be utter fluff too.
My view on hart is that his crest has fallen over the last couple of years due to his perceieved poor performances (similar to Howard). However, that is more a function of the poor defensive set ups he's had to contend with. City were nearly as bad defensively as we were. The keeper gets the majority of the blame in this scenario but an unorganised, undrilled, inconsistent defence can make any keeper look poor.

He is coming into his prime, has a good 7-8 years left at the top level, bags of experience and ability. Under the right manager and in the right team, he'd be boss.

If we signed him for that amount, id be confident that within a year or two, people would be saying he's the best since Southall. £32m for a 'franchise' keeper isn't that bad.

Fair enough mate, guess that's from the bit after when he talks to them off camera etc, a bloke of koemans experience though would be shocked if he's gonna Gove journos from the echo his exact targets on numbers though.

For example he says 2 targets as an option which would mean kone and bolasie which would go against everything else he says about having competition in every spot.

Wait and see think 4 wil come in for sure, then probably a few last minute ones myself, quality is the key though

My view on hart is that his crest has fallen over the last couple of years due to his perceieved poor performances (similar to Howard). However, that is more a function of the poor defensive set ups he's had to contend with. City were nearly as bad defensively as we were. The keeper gets the majority of the blame in this scenario but an unorganised, undrilled, inconsistent defence can make any keeper look poor.

He is coming into his prime, has a good 7-8 years left at the top level, bags of experience and ability. Under the right manager and in the right team, he'd be boss.

If we signed him for that amount, id be confident that within a year or two, people would be saying he's the best since Southall. £32m for a 'franchise' keeper isn't that bad.
Did you see the park footy keeping errors he made at the Euros mate?

Irrespective of that comment I still think we'll bring in 5

Be an interesting few weeks that's for sure.

Can't wait to get to the game today now, albeit I think we'll get beat. Oh well. COYB!!!!

So the bedwetters weren't far off the mark when getting shouted down for doubting the claims of those saying otherwise.

Problem is, that squad is massive if we sign 5 or more players without departures. If disaster strikes we potentially may only play 40 games this season.

Numbers size the squad would be huge, but it would be a total mess and weighed down with sub-standard players. McCarthy, McGeady, Snivelley, Aroune Kone, all absolute rot and clearly not part of Koeman's first eleven picks.

I think we'd have to turn down this mythical £75m for Lukaku at this stage too.

Perceived bad performances, nothing perceived about them. City are getting shot of him because he is a liability.

You can't rate someone over one tournament. Otherwise ronaldo would be rubbish.
I'm not mate. I'm saying I don't think he is worth £30m when we can get as good or better cheaper. I'd have him here on loan as is being mentioned though, and free up more money for other positions we need to target as well.

Not sure on hart, was brilliant for birmingham a few years ago and the next year at city. Think it might do him good to step out of the city spotlight and maybe he would lose a bit of ego and focus more on the footy. However he may just go the way of Paul Robinson and have a sharp decline...

Head and Shoulders ad, 1/2 a million quid each, you would all wash your plumbs and flaps on telly for that cash so you can't judge!

Good money, but not that much. UK only advert, big money is for the number of areas(countries) ad is shown in. The Premier League is advertised by Sky all over the world, so Beckham is making a fortune from it. Lineker makes regular money from WAlkers crisps,but its regular rather than massive. Repeat fees used to be paid to actors for commercials, but the tendency these days is a lump sum per TV area.I once got to discuss fees for a car ad .I'm a completely unknown face/profile, but the money was silly...£3 thousand for 3 days filming, and £1500 per TV area( it was signed for 3 areas pre shooting) .Fifty years ago John Arlott the cricket commentator, got £20 every time his animal food advert was shown to farmers.
But you're right, Hart or his agent certainly wouldn't be turning Head and Shoulders down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back