Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he was probably not being exact with a maximum of 4 more signings, but if he was that would mean Mata was unlikely wouldn't it?

Kone and Bolasie are likely and he has said he wants a keeper and striker, so no attacking mid? I would think that is the position we most need to strengthen along with a keeper

I know he was probably not being exact with a maximum of 4 more signings, but if he was that would mean Mata was unlikely wouldn't it?

Kone and Bolasie are likely and he has said he wants a keeper and striker, so no attacking mid? I would think that is the position we most need to strengthen along with a keeper
Replace bolasie with mata and boom

No mate I can't get over paying 30m for Hart, when we can pay that or less for a Butland or Forster, or in Germany where there are superior keepers.
He's not good enough. Cost England in the Euros with basic lower league mistakes. Swerve for me.

i'm not suggesting it's value for money mate - but he'd certainly be a massive improvement on what we've had. FWIW he's currently better than either of the other two you named, IMO.

We'll see. I can't see us getting him anyway tbh.

True. I'd prefer us to buy more talented young players though. No one knows, for sure, exactly how much money Moshiri will or is able to put in to the club over a prolonged period of time, especially if the stadium plans move forward in the near future. Assuming we may have to sell a key player every once in a while to meet FFP requirements, like with Stones, it seems far safer to mix experienced signings with raw talent.

Some people would argue we need proven players to push us on but if Walsh is as good as he's touted to be it should be minimal risk and young players that want to prove how good they are, should, in theory be more likely to come to us and be fully motivated to play well.

I think we should go for a mix but it's concerning that the club seem to be spending so much time on more unrealistic targets when there must be a lot of young talent that the bigger clubs have either missed or just not got round to buying. I was hoping we'd buy the likes of Haller, Rolan etc.

I think maybe one or two, but the main problem we have at the moment is the squad has a lack of players in their prime who have both quality and experience. We either have players in their 30s or players in their early 20s who are still inconsistent.

i'm not suggesting it's value for money mate - but he'd certainly be a massive improvement on what we've had. FWIW he's currently better than either of the other two you named, IMO.

We'll see. I can't see us getting him anyway tbh.
That shouldn't be reason to buy any player. Would you replace Niasse or Kone with just any other bang average player for the same reason?
We can do better for that quoted price if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back