Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kee

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. Who are we going to sell 3 years from now with our new old geezer purchasing policy?
some people are complaining about ,Williams and Bolasie [if he signs] having no sell on
value, the club cant win with some of our support.

I don't think buying and selling are interdependent this year, though the increase in activity after JS' transfer certainly adds fuel to the fire for those who believe differently.

We should not get hung-up on the Stones transfer 1) It was plain he wanted out. 2) We got the 2nd highest fee in history for a defender.
3) It sends a signal both to current and prospective players that we are not inflexible and are prepared to consider doing business if we get
a decent offer.

Nor am I particularly bothered about marquee signings, although overall net spend at the end of the window is an indicator of our ambition or lack of, certainly.

I am sure we will see the predicted 3-4 additional signings (including Kone and Bolasie), I hope they can push the boat out a little further than that though and add another 2.

It will be in those unknown 2-3 other signings now that will make or break how decent a transfer window we have had. I am concerned at the fee for Bolasie, though I'll trust RK/SW on that one. Again slightly concerned at the age profile of the prospective signings, I would prefer we did business across the age ranges adding both youth and experience, and would mix things up in trying to get players from Europe as well, as opposed to focusing solely on domestic players. Someone like Ziyech would make a fine signing.

It has proven difficult for most clubs to make the signings they need in both qualitative and quantitative terms. So we are in good company on that front. We just have to make the most of the next 3 weeks as several areas badly need reinforcements. There will be plenty of time for analysis after September 1st, though I hope we are not hearing excuses then.

What is our strategy exactly? I can't figure it out.

You're not meant to mate, being a mere fan (lifeblood, I know), I'd be guessing that kind of thing is meant to be kept behind the doors, yes?

Tell you what though dude, we're x amount of time into a new regime, in the first window with potential to be a bit mental on all levels (IBE = £15 mil etc), with a proper footballing manager at the helm that's won everything, is vastly experienced and will prob - shocker - see set pieces as worth practicing & defending, that kinda thing - Oh, and he also won't stand for any fluff and he seems incredibly honest (No, they're not fit, etc)....And he's prob never even consider that a goal may only count as half a goal either...ever.

Yet the levels of neg with some of us.

Really is something to behold.

First day of the new season, not even the end of the window.....and there's moaning and talk of 'voicing concern'

Dear, dear me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back