Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's a loan, that would be amazing. If it's for a fee, anything over £15m would make me feel a bit meh over it.

Pretty much how I feel. Not a massive Hart fan but he would definitely improve us (even though Stek was great today).

Think wages could be an issue here. Isn't he the highest paid keeper in the world? He's good, but I don't think he justifies that and hopefully if City are not going to use him, they may loan him out to the team that would pay the highest portion of his wages. Couldn't see too many teams being in for him on a permanent transfer due to the fact he would be unlikely to want to take a massive pay cut and most of the teams that could afford his current wages have decent keepers anyway, this should bring the price down.

Watch how it plays out and let it go to the end of the window where they could be desperate to get rid if they get someone else in and he quite clearly is not even close to the team.

Pretty much how I feel. Not a massive Hart fan but he would definitely improve us (even though Stek was great today).

Think wages could be an issue here. Isn't he the highest paid keeper in the world? He's good, but I don't think he justifies that and hopefully if City are not going to use him, they may loan him out to the team that would pay the highest portion of his wages. Couldn't see too many teams being in for him on a permanent transfer due to the fact he would be unlikely to want to take a massive pay cut and most of the teams that could afford his current wages have decent keepers anyway, this should bring the price down.

Watch how it plays out and let it go to the end of the window where they could be desperate to get rid if they get someone else in and he quite clearly is not even close to the team.

always say this about footballers, what could they possibly not afford on their wages. Say he's on 120k a week, if he had to make a cut to 100k for first team football, why would he not be happy? The wages they're on is silly, they could afford everything so why not just move for football reasons always? I know live within your means and higher taxes etc. but if i was in that position money would be such an irrelevance that a pay cut wouldn't even matter.

Look at the difference today between Spurs and Everton. They brought on a 30 goal a season striker.. We bring on Kone

That is the difference between us and them. Until we have another top striker to come on for rom (who can't play every game on his own needs a rest now and again) we won't get the top four spot

always say this about footballers, what could they possibly not afford on their wages. Say he's on 120k a week, if he had to make a cut to 100k for first team football, why would he not be happy? The wages they're on is silly, they could afford everything so why not just move for football reasons always? I know live within your means and higher taxes etc. but if i was in that position money would be such an irrelevance that a pay cut wouldn't even matter.

Fully get what you mean and I would be the same.

Unfortunately for some, I don't think they can take the hit to their ego that well. Also for many others, agents, family members and various other "hangers on" have such a interest in the player getting the highest possible wages that it can influence the players decision a lot.

Look at the difference today between Spurs and Everton. They brought on a 30 goal a season striker.. We bring on Kone

That is the difference between us and them. Until we have another top striker to come on for rom (who can't play every game on his own needs a rest now and again) we won't get the top four spot

So what you are saying is that even without our top goal scorer we are equal to Spurs then.

Not a bad place to be.

So what you are saying is that even without our top goal scorer we are equal to Spurs then.

Not a bad place to be.

I'm saying unless we sign another top striker par with romelu who can come off the bench when needed we will never finish above them

And yes I do think our squad is as good as there's once we get a striker in (and keeper)

I was impressed by today's performance. Just need to beef up in certain positions and the team should be ready to combat all foes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back