Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue with Benteke, is his recent Achilles injury. It takes ages to recover from. I'm not actually sure they are ever the same again. I did mine 2 years ago and still gives me problems. Admittedly I'm nearly 44 and don't have access to a Premiere League football clubs medical team. But once they go you are at risk of them going again. To pay that lot 30million and him the be injured for a season would be hell.

Ideally I'd rather we bought in form players than players who have struggled recently, or are held in low regard by their current employers and supporters.

My issue with Benteke, is his recent Achilles injury. It takes ages to recover from. I'm not actually sure they are ever the same again. I did mine 2 years ago and still gives me problems. Admittedly I'm nearly 44 and don't have access to a Premiere League football clubs medical team. But once they go you are at risk of them going again. To pay that lot 30million and him the be injured for a season would be hell.

He did his achilles in April 2014 mate well voer two years ago now

HAHAHA apparently Newcastle are demanding 40 mil for Sissoko. I like him a lot, but that price tag is absurd. There obviously will be some haggling before he gets sold.

Some injuries are chronic and never heal fully. It definitely makes Benteke a risky investment.

Just seen Steven Defour has signed for Burnley for 8million. What happened to him? He was the next big thing for years and havent heard anything of him in ages. Hid he do his cruciate or something? Was a really good player and someone I thought we were going to get in 4-5 years ago.

As said in my post, from personal experience, you are at greater risk of them going again. The Achilles tendon does not have a blood supply and is basically a really strong rubber band. They take months to heal with or without an operation. The operation, site has a really high chance of getting an infection. Which will complicate the recovery.

I just thing it's a big risk, especially as that lot want the money upfront.

As for do I think he's a good player? Yes I do.

Sorry my QUOTE didn't work. Answering a quote about Benteke doing his Achilles two years ago.

There is only one reason i don't want benteke at everton.

Because liverpool don't want him. Too long ago are the days where we could sign liverpool cast offs and they become top players here. If we are buying from liverpool i want the club to be buying THEIR first team players and having them want to come to us. They can sign all the crap in the world, no interest in them dumping it over in goodison when they find out how much money they have wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back