Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bye: HIYA...

Yes mate, JOSE told me personally....

Met him in the SHOWCASE, I was buying sweets for the kids before a film, he was as well - his kids like, not mine - and we bonded over jelly-eggs - turns out we're both not keen - and then we chatted about what a swizz it was, y'know, how much they charge for a few sweets, JOSE said it was for that very reason he brought his own fruit shoots in with him, he said '...y'know, I'm not a minge, I am JOSE, but this...this is too much for the fruit shoots, pffff...' and he pulled a face then, y'know the one he does?

...and from there, quite naturally, we moved on to his tickling of EVERTON & why he used us in the process of quickening the MAN U move.

So shut up Derek.

In answer though 'Why do fans state stuff as though it's fact?'

Because sometimes, Degs, it just IS...

But, given yer name, fact is a concept you're clearly not familiar with.

Do give SAM my regards.

hearing any transfer new segg?

Barry can't do 90 minutes for 38 games. And he isn't very mobile to cover all the space he needs to like Gueye can. Thst is the point, he might have looked good first game of the season but 3 months down the line is he really going to be able to cover all the ground he does now every single game? One weak link in the midfield and the whole thing fails.

Hence my point about managing him right mate. Koeman proved he can do that - heck he even took him off with 10 to go on Saturday so we had a bit more energy and bite in midfield.

That's clever management and used right Barry will be terrific for us again this year. He isn't ever a weak link anyway as his positioning and reading of the game is so good.

As I said, manage him right on a game-by-game basis/plus have somebody next to him to keep the energy and he's more than capable of being our anchor in any system.

He may not be glamorous but he's bloody good.

Hence my point about managing him right mate. Koeman proved he can do that - heck he even took him off with 10 to go on Saturday so we had a bit more energy and bite in midfield.

That's clever management and used right Barry will be terrific for us again this year. He isn't ever a weak link anyway as his positioning and reading of the game is so good.

As I said, manage him right on a game-by-game basis/plus have somebody next to him to keep the energy and he's more than capable of being our anchor in any system.

He may not be glamorous but he's bloody good.
OK so 80 minutes every single game?

Plus taking him off automatically uses a sub every week that could be left open in case we need to change things.

All I'm saying is its relying on an aging player to do a very high tempo role in the team and right now we have little replacement for him. Gibson and that's it. We may bring another in or we may be signing other positions. Either way it's still a weakness in the squad

No updates on luggage or nugget today?

Perhaps they are fallback options should other deals not materialise?

I would like us to take a chance on Ghazzel tbh. Unknown foreign wingers are my fave type of signings. We have had loads since I have been watching us and the majority have been rubbish. Perhaps I need to rethink my stance.

OK so 80 minutes every single game?

Plus taking him off automatically uses a sub every week that could be left open in case we need to change things.

All I'm saying is its relying on an aging player to do a very high tempo role in the team and right now we have little replacement for him. Gibson and that's it. We may bring another in or we may be signing other positions. Either way it's still a weakness in the squad

Gibson isn't fit to lace Barry's boots mate.

Gareth Barry is a lot older, keeps himself in great (and much better) shape, isn't injury prone, and has tremendous vision. He's also very calm under pressure and a superb example to the younger players.

I'd loan him and stick him in the reserves all year, that'll teach the RS to try and get their money back on him
Why so much hatred to him? It is only on loan (with option to buy).

If he scored 20+ goals for us in all competition , the 30 million price tag of him is affordable to us.
If not, he can comeback to the dippers.

Wouldn't touch Benteke - Think the cruciate or achilles injury he had at Villa has taken a yard of pace off him and he looks like Emile Heskey now. Hart - would take on loan but wouldnt really want him long term as want us to go for Butland. If Hart is available on loan and we dont have to pay all of his massive wages id be all for it for a year. Bringing Hart in even on loan would show other big names we at least have a little bit of pull and will help us get bigger names in. Leaving us money to strengthen the rest of the team while upgrading on what we currently have. Saw someone posted a link saying that we are interested in Remy. Would be pretty happy with that too. He is mobile, can both run the channels and hold the ball up and does score goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back