Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
hearing any transfer new segg?

No mate, nothing solid, I receive very little inf these days Mick. Used to, many moons ago, not so much these days.

What I do think however is that we have and have had ample offers on numerous tables, both for a while and certainly ongoing now. Think that's why I'm a bit 'Eeeeeee' about some of the volleying the ESK has taken for simply imparting snippets, a majority of which - I'd suggest - where certainly there or thereabouts at the time given (...and some of which still are).

We're a funny lot, the footy fan, you've only gotta peep some of the nails knocked into GABBIDON the other night. Blimey.

Isnt that the point i made in my first post? We only have gibson to back him up, noone else really to cover that role?

The thing is, he is absolutely a weakness. he is 36 this season. He is right now a key member of the team, and we have no replacement with a good chance of not signing anyone else either. It is fine to say 'he is a pro, he is fit, he is experienced' etc but his age is a weakness. Plus as a rule he does tire throughout the season, did it 2 years ago, will do it again. So no matter how key he is, he will tire, he will become less effective and then he will leave a big hole in the team.

Not too sure how you can 'manage' barry when he is one of your first team players and you only have 2 others as back up, both unable to do the same role? It seems you are just ignoring the obvious factor here to disagree with me, as if barry is just going to continue to be a key member until he decides to retire? That age isn't an issue for him and he will be perfectly fine the older he gets. We have no back up if his legs decide to go, because that is the real danger. Once you get past a certain point (or earlier if you are unlucky) your legs do go. Happens to all players, happened to Gerrard, happened to lampard, will happen for barry. All of a sudden this model fitness won't count for anything because once he hits that point then that's it. Even distin hit that point between seasons.

So yeah, that is the point i make about barry, there will come a time when he won't be effective, he won't be as fit and he won't be able to play for 80 or 90 minutes. The fact he is 35, kinda why i am questioning why we have no back up for him just like we didn't for distin.

Was age a weakness in Pirlo's game?

And you can 'manage' any player. Koeman showed the perfect example the other day.

For example, he may not start in games that we are expected to control, but when we need to be dogged and efficient in the middle, he will do.

And I agree on the last point but we do actually have a back-up, which is Besic. He was used in the 'Barry' role all pre-season, up until his injury.

What we need really is a signing that is in their prime and has the ability to dictate our play from deep.

Seems that Moist has placed a bid of 10 million for a Torino centre back from newsnow.com, Kone might be still on.......clinging to the hope anyway :)

Oh just to throw a spanner out there in previous conversations it was over the press here that Mourinho's agents had approached Everton and it was discussed on RedCafe at the time as they thought the deal was already sorted......

Was age a weakness in Pirlo's game?

And you can 'manage' any player. Koeman showed the perfect example the other day.

For example, he may not start in games that we are expected to control, but when we need to be dogged and efficient in the middle, he will do.

And I agree on the last point but we do actually have a back-up, which is Besic. He was used in the 'Barry' role all pre-season, up until his injury.

What we need really is a signing that is in their prime and has the ability to dictate our play from deep.
And i hope we do bring someone in but right now all paths lead to nowhere in terms of signing a back up. the back up is currently gone for a year, leaving cleverley and gibson, and neither are defensive players to that extent. This is where i worry tbh, one minute we are in for these players who are top quality, then we aren't, sign the budget version and that's that in terms of news. But yeah, that was the point i was originally making, we need to sign someone in there to be first team and do that role, not just back up for a 35 year old.

and to be fair pirlo didn't really move much as he got older, just got awareness and became a pivot that the teams used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back