Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why so much hatred to him? It is only on loan (with option to buy).

If he scored 20+ goals for us in all competition , the 30 million price tag of him is affordable to us.
If not, he can comeback to the dippers.

shifty-eyes-o.gif

Quite often loans will have a fee agreed for the end if it's what all parties want. I believe this was the case with Tim Howard many moons ago.

yeah, but in this case it seems to be he wants a loan just so he can think over his options. Can't make a snap judgement within two weeks ... which imo, has been overlooked by the media. I reckon it should get a good bit of coverage (if it's what he said)? because it's good to see such loyalty imo in a time where players are just happy to chop and change teams willy (pardon the caballero pun) nilly.

When I was looking there was a couple of figures out there, £120k a week, and £180k, seeing as this was Man City we were talking about, thought the latter would have been the more obvious one.
When he signed his new deal 2 years ago it was reported to be a basic of £110k plus performance related bonuses that could push it as high as £150k

OK so 80 minutes every single game?

Plus taking him off automatically uses a sub every week that could be left open in case we need to change things.

All I'm saying is its relying on an aging player to do a very high tempo role in the team and right now we have little replacement for him. Gibson and that's it. We may bring another in or we may be signing other positions. Either way it's still a weakness in the squad

Of course not 80 minutes per-game.

I said 'game by game' basis. I doubt he'll start every one and don't think he should, either.

But people need to get this idea that Barry is knackered out of their heads btw. He's one of the fittest players we have in the squad and isn't in any way a weakness.

You talk a load of nonsense. Mourinho was only interested in one job. There is no evidence to suggest we spoke with him. Sames goes for players like Mata, James Rodriguez and Messi. We were not in for them.

Let's try and keep our feet on the ground, eh? This Moshiri is going to spend £100,000,000,000,000 on new players shtick is getting tiresome for us realistic Blues.

Again...

:bye: HIYA.

Gibson isn't fit to lace Barry's boots mate.

Gareth Barry is a lot older, keeps himself in great (and much better) shape, isn't injury prone, and has tremendous vision. He's also very calm under pressure and a superb example to the younger players.

Isnt that the point i made in my first post? We only have gibson to back him up, noone else really to cover that role?

Of course not 80 minutes per-game.

I said 'game by game' basis. I doubt he'll start every one and don't think he should, either.

But people need to get this idea that Barry is knackered out of their heads btw. He's one of the fittest players we have in the squad and isn't in any way a weakness.

The thing is, he is absolutely a weakness. he is 36 this season. He is right now a key member of the team, and we have no replacement with a good chance of not signing anyone else either. It is fine to say 'he is a pro, he is fit, he is experienced' etc but his age is a weakness. Plus as a rule he does tire throughout the season, did it 2 years ago, will do it again. So no matter how key he is, he will tire, he will become less effective and then he will leave a big hole in the team.

Not too sure how you can 'manage' barry when he is one of your first team players and you only have 2 others as back up, both unable to do the same role? It seems you are just ignoring the obvious factor here to disagree with me, as if barry is just going to continue to be a key member until he decides to retire? That age isn't an issue for him and he will be perfectly fine the older he gets. We have no back up if his legs decide to go, because that is the real danger. Once you get past a certain point (or earlier if you are unlucky) your legs do go. Happens to all players, happened to Gerrard, happened to lampard, will happen for barry. All of a sudden this model fitness won't count for anything because once he hits that point then that's it. Even distin hit that point between seasons.

So yeah, that is the point i make about barry, there will come a time when he won't be effective, he won't be as fit and he won't be able to play for 80 or 90 minutes. The fact he is 35, kinda why i am questioning why we have no back up for him just like we didn't for distin.

You talk a load of nonsense. Mourinho was only interested in one job. There is no evidence to suggest we spoke with him. Sames goes for players like Mata, James Rodriguez and Messi. We were not in for them.

Let's try and keep our feet on the ground, eh? This Moshiri is going to spend £100,000,000,000,000 on new players shtick is getting tiresome for us realistic Blues.

Thing is, I agree with ya....but where did that rumour start mate? Is there actual confirmation of it ever being said?

Nope.

'There's money available' is totally different to '...we expect X amount of marquee signings', yes?

And your post above, sound, yes I AM talking rot, well a bit anyway (it was actually the ODEON)...

And, again YES, JOSE was only ever interested in one job...again, agreed...but you cannot dismiss that he used us as a bargainer because, simply, it's what happened...

But what you do - oddbod - is by suggesting that the above isn't true is - inadvertently - stating that what YOU know to be fact.

Which it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back