Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want it all now!

footstomp.gif
Seriously. How long is there to go and we have 3 deals minimum needing sorted and I still think that leaves are squad woefully short on quality in some important positions like backup RB.

without discussing the validity of itks , there hasn't been alot of chatter even from the press lately , is that a positive sign, that things are percolating or are we just farting about?
It's a sign we are waiting until deadline day for the bargains that come available e.g. Hart on loan. Just like in Martinez first year we got Rom and Barry but subsequently we go no one. Essentially as per usual our season will come down to deadline day luck.

It's a sign we are waiting until deadline day for the bargains that come available e.g. Hart on loan. Just like in Martinez first year we got Rom and Barry but subsequently we go no one. Essentially as per usual our season will come down to deadline day luck.
Maybe under Martinez's watch there was an element of 'deadline day luck' but not under the stewardship of Walsh. We know what we need and dare I say who we want, getting them to commit to us (Witsel, Kone, ghezzal) is the moist difficult part.

Their has been no links to right backs all summer, quite surprising with 1 proper RB in the squad. If we played with 3 centre backs, I wouldnt be surprised to see Lennon playing the wing back role?

...this has been said on numerous occasions, power is with players these days and the individuals you highlight have got to want to move to make it happen. It's not their fault they are on mega-bucks long-term contracts. If they are happy to get splinters on their backside for the next 5 years there's not much we can do. It's the same for all clubs.
Exactly and would anyone allow themselves to be essentially fired and be forced to take a wage cut for their next job if they didn't want to. It's also the reason I have no issue holding on to players that want to move. Of course an compromise that benefits everyone should be sought but there's no reason we should just roll over.

Maybe under Martinez's watch there was an element of 'deadline day luck' but not under the stewardship of Walsh. We know what we need and dare I say who we want, getting them to commit to us (Witsel, Kone, ghezzal) is the moist difficult part.
It doesn't look like we got our targets. Maybe in the past we didn't even have targets but it amounts to the same.

Of course the job wasn't made easy this year with the amount in and out we needed and the fact he came late to the job.

I just think this season might come down to luck but hopefully we will be in a better position next summer. It's just really disappointing as this is the last season with a realistic chance of keeping Rom and he's irreplaceable for us no matter what money we have.

It doesn't look like we got our targets. Maybe in the past we didn't even have targets but it amounts to the same.

Of course the job wasn't made easy this year with the amount in and out we needed and the fact he came late to the job.

I just think this season might come down to luck but hopefully we will be in a better position next summer. It's just really disappointing as this is the last season with a realistic chance of keeping Rom and he's irreplaceable for us no matter what money we have.

Yeah, it's depressing now that the window's over. What a bummer.

I think the major issue with this window is that we either chased too long a target in the beginning or we didn't chase anyone (if the info was wrong) and these mata carvalio, koulibaby, type signings were ust all talk.

When he hired walsh i reckon we then hit the reset button on the transfer window and started again, looking for specific players. Walsh had Gueye in mind already hence the speed that travelled at, williams out of the blue almost and boliaisie a player Koeman specifically wanted.

I would imagine the issues now are not concluding deals, but we are still looking for the right players, the work that should have been done weeks ago sadly started the day after wlash was employed instead.

I found some re-assurance in RK's comments yesterday about being deliberately late into the market, to allow him assess the squad.

He did, of course, tell us at his first press conference, that he would take this time, and probably wanted to avail of Walsh's expertise as well before targets have been settled on.

I wonder though, if "late" is code for "moving on to other targets" if the intimations of interest we are all familiar with (Witsel and his merry gang) were/are correct. If we had signed all of those, this next 10 days would probably just be about trying to seal a deal for Hart and deciding who is leaving the squad.

I hope they are more confident with landing the 3 or 4 players they are looking at now than they seemingly were with the marquee bunch. Koeman seemed upbeat though, and it should prove to be a busy 10 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back