Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghezzal having his medical...

buttery_biscuit_base_face_gif_by_craftygeeks-d4id23f.gif

Exactly and would anyone allow themselves to be essentially fired and be forced to take a wage cut for their next job if they didn't want to. It's also the reason I have no issue holding on to players that want to move. Of course an compromise that benefits everyone should be sought but there's no reason we should just roll over.

....the problem with keeping hold of players who want to be elsewhere is that performance often drops and it brings negativity to the squad. I applauded the stance taken re Stones but in hindsight it didn't particularly work out well for anybody, although we finally sold him for our valuation.

I think the major issue with this window is that we either chased too long a target in the beginning or we didn't chase anyone (if the info was wrong) and these mata carvalio, koulibaby, type signings were ust all talk.

When he hired walsh i reckon we then hit the reset button on the transfer window and started again, looking for specific players. Walsh had Gueye in mind already hence the speed that travelled at, williams out of the blue almost and boliaisie a player Koeman specifically wanted.

I would imagine the issues now are not concluding deals, but we are still looking for the right players, the work that should have been done weeks ago sadly started the day after wlash was employed instead.

I have no problem with our dealings. The management have made the decisions we all would have done in bining off Niasse and McGeady. Identified those that are simply not good enough or willing to try and improve their fitness or game. (Kone is not good enough but he comes across as willing and a decent guy).

Gana had a great debut, long way to go as he reminds me of Dacourt a bit. He started great but then lost a bit of drive sadly.
I like the approach of attempting to unearth the next superstars. Hopefully we can add one, maybe two marquee signings before the window closes.

The signings so far are are puzzling, especially if this Hart one comes off.

Gueye: we needed box to box before we needed another DM.
Bolasie: we needed another out and out forward in before a player who isn't that in a million years.
Hart: we need a top young GK in with bags of experience and years ahead, Hart is a clown.

They look like the irrational use of funds.

I found some re-assurance in RK's comments yesterday about being deliberately late into the market, to allow him assess the squad.

He did, of course, tell us at his first press conference, that he would take this time, and probably wanted to avail of Walsh's expertise as well before targets have been settled on.

I wonder though, if "late" is code for "moving on to other targets" if the intimations of interest we are all familiar with (Witsel and his merry gang) were/are correct. If we had signed all of those, this next 10 days would probably just be about trying to seal a deal for Hart and deciding who is leaving the squad.

I hope they are more confident with landing the 3 or 4 players they are looking at now than they seemingly were with the marquee bunch. Koeman seemed upbeat though, and it should prove to be a busy 10 days.

The targets we are moving for have definitely taken a different feel to them. We have proven premier league players (Williams, Bolasie, Kone) who we have targeted. Also we have looked increasingly for somewhat unknown quantities abroad (Gueye who I class in this as he impressed Walsh abroad, Ghezzal and the lad from Inter).

I think we may see moves for a couple of Marquee signings but this may happen later in the window. The blunt reality is, I think these players will only move if their clubs make it clear they won't be playing and/or no champions league side comes on for them. The Policy of getting what we need now, and treating signings of this ilk (Witsel, Carvalho, Koulibaly, Mata, Hart) as a bonus is sensible. I still expect us to be busy on deadline day, which in reality is the real "decision" day for players.

The signings so far are are puzzling, especially if this Hart one comes off.

Gueye: we needed box to box before we needed another DM.
Bolasie: we needed another out and out forward in before a player who isn't that in a million years.
Hart: we need a top young GK in with bags of experience and years ahead, Hart is a clown.

They look like the irrational use of funds.
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back