Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The targets we are moving for have definitely taken a different feel to them. We have proven premier league players (Williams, Bolasie, Kone) who we have targeted. Also we have looked increasingly for somewhat unknown quantities abroad (Gueye who I class in this as he impressed Walsh abroad, Ghezzal and the lad from Inter).

I think we may see moves for a couple of Marquee signings but this may happen later in the window. The blunt reality is, I think these players will only move if their clubs make it clear they won't be playing and/or no champions league side comes on for them. The Policy of getting what we need now, and treating signings of this ilk (Witsel, Carvalho, Koulibaly, Mata, Hart) as a bonus is sensible. I still expect us to be busy on deadline day, which in reality is the real "decision" day for players.

Best and most sensible approach.
A solid squad where hopefully one if not more of the solid signings becomes a Star. Then go for a big name player knowing that it is not imperative that said player signs but would help raise the profile of the club heading into next seasons key sponsorship deals.

The signings so far are are puzzling, especially if this Hart one comes off.

Gueye: we needed box to box before we needed another DM.
Bolasie: we needed another out and out forward in before a player who isn't that in a million years.
Hart: we need a top young GK in with bags of experience and years ahead, Hart is a clown.

They look like the irrational use of funds.
ess6W8Q.gif

The signings so far are are puzzling, especially if this Hart one comes off.

Gueye: we needed box to box before we needed another DM.
Bolasie: we needed another out and out forward in before a player who isn't that in a million years.
Hart: we need a top young GK in with bags of experience and years ahead, Hart is a clown.

They look like the irrational use of funds.

gueye and bolasie are unlike anything we have, im gonna judge at end of the window

I think the major issue with this window is that we either chased too long a target in the beginning or we didn't chase anyone (if the info was wrong) and these mata carvalio, koulibaby, type signings were ust all talk.

When he hired walsh i reckon we then hit the reset button on the transfer window and started again, looking for specific players. Walsh had Gueye in mind already hence the speed that travelled at, williams out of the blue almost and boliaisie a player Koeman specifically wanted.

I would imagine the issues now are not concluding deals, but we are still looking for the right players, the work that should have been done weeks ago sadly started the day after wlash was employed instead.

We're EVERTON mate.

We spend millions on mere 'squad' players now.

This is how we roll.

And so forth...

Totally agree with your 'reset button' point Ash...;)

I also genuinely think the fact we ARE Everton is proving a stickler in the selling ourselves to players stakes, ergo one BIGGY would push it on I feel. Of course whether that happenes is a different kettle of teats in the altogether eh...

Seen much of him mate?

Bits and pieces.

I've said before that he has the potential to become anonymous when he feels bullied in games, but if he is allowed to open up even slightly he is a phenomenal talent.

Very unpolished as of yet, but his passing ability, vision and general skills are sublime.

He will be a very creative player and it's likely his assists will be in double figures.

Bits and pieces.

I've said before that he has the potential to become anonymous when he feels bullied in games, but if he is allowed to open up even slightly he is a phenomenal talent.

Very unpolished as of yet, but his passing ability, vision and general skills are sublime.

He will be a very creative player and it's likely his assists will be in double figures.

Fair do, not gonna lie, never heard of him and don't pay much attention to the french league. In Koeman and walsh we trust then, hopefully prove to be a shrewd signing.

gueye and bolasie are unlike anything we have, im gonna judge at end of the window

Gueye just does what McCarthy did in his time at Wigan and his first 18 months here before injury hit. With Besic a non-starter and not looking to be a great bet to start anymore, I can see how Gueye is needed, but what he offers is not unique to the squad. Bolasie has pace but no end product. We need with some urgency another attacker who can take the pressure off Lukaku to get all the goals. Hart is just a terrible idea. He's really not good enough and there are many better alternatives out there.

@Bungle is, but its got nothing to do with transfers...

She arrived at 11.32am as we expected neil, she's got those knee high boots on again over a tight fitting pair of jeans and is wearing that leather jacket we like. She went in through the main entrance approx 11.34am after a quick chat with one of the trainees and I can now just make her out in one of the offices at the far end of the building on the second floor.

More news as I get it...

She arrived at 11.32am as we expected neil, she's got those knee high boots on again over a tight fitting pair of jeans and is wearing that leather jacket we like. She went in through the main entrance approx 11.34am after a quick chat with one of the trainees and I can now just make her out in one of the offices at the far end of the building on the second floor.

More news as I get it...

live updates?

Bits and pieces.

Good thing is we have Bolasie, Del, Kev and Lennon in the squad too. Wingers can be sensational or totally off their game, just like any artisan. Great to have like for like replacements should that be required if a player is struggling.

Gueye just does what McCarthy did in his time at Wigan and his first 18 months here before injury hit. With Besic a non-starter and not looking to be a great bet to start anymore, I can see how Gueye is needed, but what he offers is not unique to the squad. Bolasie has pace but no end product. We need with some urgency another attacker who can take the pressure off Lukaku to get all the goals. Hart is just a terrible idea. He's really not good enough and there are many better alternatives out there.
disagree on hart, i hope we get more in...maybe we are working on them? its a shame we couldnt get players in earlier, but i still think its best to judge at end of window...as players will come avialable and ridiculous demands will reduce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back