Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
She arrived at 11.32am as we expected neil, she's got those knee high boots on again over a tight fitting pair of jeans and is wearing that leather jacket we like. She went in through the main entrance approx 11.34am after a quick chat with one of the trainees and I can now just make her out in one of the offices at the far end of the building on the second floor.

More news as I get it...

ermmm?

The signings so far are are puzzling, especially if this Hart one comes off.

Gueye: we needed box to box before we needed another DM.
Bolasie: we needed another out and out forward in before a player who isn't that in a million years.
Hart: we need a top young GK in with bags of experience and years ahead, Hart is a clown.

They look like the irrational use of funds.

Won't argue about our existing needs still Dave.

To use a counterpoint though, we did need a centre mid who could apply the type of pressing that koeman wants, gueye does that, we have been crying out for three years for a natural left winger, bolasie us that and also one who can press very effectively, as for Hart 29 is young for a keeper.

Think both box to box and striker koeman analysed we have at the squad not ideal ones but players short term who can cover - expect both to be sorted by Sept.

She arrived at 11.32am as we expected neil, she's got those knee high boots on again over a tight fitting pair of jeans and is wearing that leather jacket we like. She went in through the main entrance approx 11.34am after a quick chat with one of the trainees and I can now just make her out in one of the offices at the far end of the building on the second floor.

More news as I get it...

What is this all about? Is this some bird in High Wycombe? if so, I'll whip my uniform off, jump in the car and be there in 10!

disagree on hart, i hope we get more in...maybe we are working on them? its a shame we couldnt get players in earlier, but i still think its best to judge at end of window...as players will come avialable and ridiculous demands will reduce
not to pushed on hart myself mate.never was.for every great save there is a howler.if he was any bit decent city wouldn't be letting him go.

Bolasie: we needed another out and out forward in before a player who isn't that in a million years.
Hart: we need a top young GK in with bags of experience and years ahead, Hart is a clown.

Yet all the signings we have made have improved the side in key areas that are vital to how Koeman wants us to play.

I've been guilty of this too, but too many of us have gone into this window believing that we'd play in a similar way to how we did under RM, but be more defensively solid.

I think it's clear now we're heading in a different direction.

Yet all the signings we have made have improved the side in key areas that are vital to how Koeman wants us to play.

I've been guilty of this too, but too many of us have gone into this window believing that we'd play in a similar way to how we did under RM, but be more defensively solid.

I think it's clear now we're heading in a different direction.
I think he eventually wants to change around 8 of the staring 11 and is bringing in different pieces of the jigsaw as he can.

Won't argue about our existing needs still Dave.

To use a counterpoint though, we did need a centre mid who could apply the type of pressing that koeman wants, gueye does that, we have been crying out for three years for a natural left winger, bolasie us that and also one who can press very effectively, as for Hart 29 is young for a keeper.

Think both box to box and striker koeman analysed we have at the squad not ideal ones but players short term who can cover - expect both to be sorted by Sept.
Attacker wise: I'm concerned we'll see a late move for Lukaku and then we're struggling to just get a like for like replacement in never mind two strikers at the club. The box to box midfielder is the key to this team, which is why I cant understand why it hasn't been prioritised above all other signings. I'd be happy if he dropped Barkley back there and left it at that, but it's obvious that isn't in Koeman's plans.

I honestly think we have the players at the club to press. The young kid Davies can do it; Cleverley can get behind the ball and work hard and McCarthy who is obviously in Koeman's plans as per his statement yesterday can do the job. Add to that if need be, but I'd have got other primary targets in before I got Gueye in. Hart for me is just dreadful. A magnificent save every now and again to keep the stock high but is clown shoes at all the simple things. Should have gone shopping in the Bundesliga.

@davek . I think we have to realise it will a different team playing in a different way under RK. I think it will take us a while to even understand fully what the manager is trying to do. The manager obviously see gaps in the squad that we don't see, of course it must also be said that we will probably be active in the market right up to the very end and may see other gaps that are more obvious to us all filled.

Hart is a top keeper with bags of experience, and at 29 is relatively young for a GK. Why would we need one any younger?

Attacker wise: I'm concerned we'll see a late move for Lukaku and then we're struggling to just get a like for like replacement in never mind two strikers at the club. The box to box midfielder is the key to this team, which is why I cant understand why it hasn't been prioritised above all other signings. I'd be happy if he dropped Barkley back there and left it at that, but it's obvious that isn't in Koeman's plans.

I honestly think we have the players at the club to press. The young kid Davies can do it; Cleverley can get behind the ball and work hard and McCarthy who is obviously in Koeman's plans as per his statement yesterday can do the job. Add to that if need be, but I'd have got other primary targets in before I got Gueye in. Hart for me is just dreadful. A magnificent save every now and again to keep the stock high but is clown shoes at all the simple things. Should have gone shopping in the Bundesliga.

We won't sell lukaku this window Dave no way vault me to infinity

Gueye just does what McCarthy did in his time at Wigan and his first 18 months here before injury hit. With Besic a non-starter and not looking to be a great bet to start anymore, I can see how Gueye is needed, but what he offers is not unique to the squad. Bolasie has pace but no end product. We need with some urgency another attacker who can take the pressure off Lukaku to get all the goals. Hart is just a terrible idea. He's really not good enough and there are many better alternatives out there.

Mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back