Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentioned it a good few weeks back for no good reason but can see Baines going, do you think the Baines Pienaar partnership resurface under Moyes at Sunderland.

NOT ITK and pure 100% speculation as its peeing down outside and I'm bored.
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
no...

Baines been poor for two seasons now but maybe that was down to Martinez as we know he wasn't a fan of his.
And he was, imo, poor again last week. Attacking is seemed ok, but he's a defender, and yet again a goal came from his complete failure to close down a winger and stop a cross coming in. I tear my hair out watching him stand off every single time, especially given our frailties in the air when defending.

And he was, imo, poor again last week. Attacking is seemed ok, but he's a defender, and yet again a goal came from his complete failure to close down a winger and stop a cross coming in. I tear my hair out watching him stand off every single time, especially given our frailties in the air when defending.

Yeah, maybe he needs to find his form but him and coleman do let silly crosses in.

If Barkley is Koeman's answer there then why was he pursuing Witsel? Why haven't we seen him at least tried there yet? Doesn't stack up.
And I think you're harsh on Barkely's lack of development; he went from nothing to an England international in quick time. Only the form of Deli Alli kept him out of Euro2016. Koeman doesn't need to teach him anything, it's all there. I dont see his role in CM as having particular emphasis on tackling (closing down, yeah), so he's good to go already.

Mate, Benteke is getting bought for £30M so that tells us nothing! Kante would have been over run without all the Leicester team getting behind the ball when required. Koeman's big task isn't adapting the likes of Cleverley or Mirallas to do that, it's getting Lukaku to do it. Midfielders whether central or out wide should as of right be willing to get forward and funnel back efficiently in transition. It isn't rocket science to do that. Anyone with a good engine and discipline can do it.

Your massively simplifying things Dave and the effect of good coaching, training and of the ability needed to play certain positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back