Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
This exactly the problem and we will to steadily build to repair the damage brown shoes did with his poor signings and stubbornness to continue playing them when all of the world could see he was wrong .. We need a marquee type signing to show we mean business but may have to wait ... All looking good for me !

You're right...so many bad signings.

Lukaku and Deulofeu say hi.

I love Koemans brutal and confident rhetoric lately. It speaks of a tempered arrogance and selfishness that we've needed for a long time.

A return to our motto.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum Ronald.

Your massively simplifying things Dave and the effect of good coaching, training and of the ability needed to play certain positions
Of necessity, this is a forum not the place for a treatise on defensive coaching. But the best teams there's ever been have one thing in common: they defend as a unit. That's why I say that the hardest task Koeman has is to instil that mentality into Lukaku - and Deulofeu if he's to slot in there too. The rest of the team should have that instinct to hunt down the opposition, close danger off and cause the opposition headaches when they win the ball off them. Attackers dont necessarily have that instinct.

I think you're in danger of elevating to an art form something that's not really that difficult to do (or shouldnt be with professionals). It's way easier to teach hard work and discipline than coach players to get on the ball and play.

Yeah, maybe he needs to find his form but him and coleman do let silly crosses in.
They really do mate. I just hope our defence improves enough to make most of those crosses lead to nothing, when last two seasons they were all too often leading to soft goals conceded. Koné will head the ball and the attackers away hopefully.

.....it is pointing to a potentially busy last day, I wonder if there is brinksmanship in a lot of the deals we've been negotiating and selling clubs might want to play ball as the window shuts.

Hello friend.

Did you miss Koeman yesterday saying he told the board to take their time? Signings will come.

12 days, not 7.
He said working days, to be fair.

Actually it's 8 like, from tomorrow, so you're both wrong.

B77fx.gif

For the first time in YEARS, I am so relaxed about this window now. I believe we have strengthened in our major weaknesses. I'm sure we will continue to buy the best players to fit our system. A few more in yet I recon #iplayfifaiknownothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back