Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you watch the game mate??

Did you not see Delefeou's one on one, or the great tip over by there keeper?? Did you miss our 6 shots on target to Spurs' 4. This, despite us only being 70% fit, as we were told by our manager, having an injury ravaged squad in the early stages of new management and no where near ready for the season to start playing against a settled team who were right on it after putting 6 past Milan last week and who will be expecting to better last years great season.

We were excellent, superb for an hour, fast, skilful, intelligent players chasing everything down and linking excitingly up front with clever touches and movement. Delefeou, Mirallas and Barkley were a joy to watch and it was very exciting seeing how Koeman set them up. Once we get up at 100% fitness and add in Bolasie, Lukaku and any other signings it's something to be excited by, very, very promising.
I actually agree with this. Koeman is definitely winning me over however he needs help. Let's just hope he gets it.

Did you watch the game mate??

Did you not see Delefeou's one on one, or the great tip over by there keeper?? Did you miss our 6 shots on target to Spurs' 4. This, despite us only being 70% fit, as we were told by our manager, having an injury ravaged squad in the early stages of new management and no where near ready for the season to start playing against a settled team who were right on it after putting 6 past Milan last week and who will be expecting to better last years great season.

We were excellent, superb for an hour, fast, skilful, intelligent players chasing everything down and linking excitingly up front with clever touches and movement. Delefeou, Mirallas and Barkley were a joy to watch and it was very exciting seeing how Koeman set them up. Once we get up at 100% fitness and add in Bolasie, Lukaku and any other signings it's something to be excited by, very, very promising.
Hi Boris.

Yes, I did. Their goalkeeper didn't have to pull off any world class saves.

I agree we played very well, despite being not fully fit.

We needed a real striker.

Deulofeu was impressive in an unfamiliar position for us.

/end

No he didn't and his naivety in some of the stuff he mentioned (and when) haven't helped either, however I think Rom knows this all to well. I think he was well up for it playing for Belgium but again, it was just the same old Lukaku, 2 goals in 1 game giving him stars of 2 in 5 but nothing in any of the others and a passenger v Wales when they needed him most.

For all the talk of him wanting to leave, neither his performances in the latter end of the season for us or at the Euros have highlighted him well.

In fact most probably quite the opposite. His valuation by us has maintained the same while his own stock has arguably dropped due to the above.

That strengthens our hand and why I think he'll ultimately stay in the short to medium term. Another good season however and he'll be off.

I don't think he's particularly dropped his performances and downed tools, I just think he's not that good. If he doesn't score he generally offers absolutely nothing, nothing whatsoever.

I don't want him to go at this stage cause of the message it sends out but £75 million is stealing money for someone who's as limited as he is. I'm not sure he'll even improve with his age as he's been a man since he was 16. You'd expect his decision making to improve but I'm not sure if anything else will, it never for players like Rooney or Owen.

I personally think for all his weaknesses he doesn't score enough goals to justify an unchallenged place in the team. He's never got 20 league goals which has always been the bench mark for a striker or 30 in all comps if you get a run. Last year Vardy and Kane blew him out the water, players like Mahrez (midfielder) and the much maligned Giroud scored similar amounts. His best scoring season was still his first at West Brom.

The best thing he could do is stay here as if he goes to a club like Chelsea or Utd were they have to play well to stay in the team I expect it will end pretty much like it did last time he was on that stage. They won't sit through weeks of none performance if there's no goals like we have had to. He will be made to perform to stay in the team and I don't think his level is high enough at this moment.

I think if we sign a half decent striker (someone like Bony who I don't rate or don't want) Lukaku could find himself on our bench as Bony has it in him to take his chance and hold on to the shirt if given the opportunity.

About the targets, to me there is the difficulty after the last two seasons of branding the club as the place to go to.
This exactly the problem and we will to steadily build to repair the damage brown shoes did with his poor signings and stubbornness to continue playing them when all of the world could see he was wrong .. We need a marquee type signing to show we mean business but may have to wait ... All looking good for me !

I was listening to Radio City Talk on the drive home from work last night, and Sharp (and Aldo) summed Lukaku up perfectly for me.

For all the criticisms you can make about Lukaku be that with regards to his abilities, performances or attitude; his goal record speaks for itself.

Forgetting his sulk and naive comments at the end of last season, without his vital and pretty copious amounts of goals we'd have been relegated.

He's not a perfect professional by and stretch of the imagination and he could improve in areas, yet what he does guarantee you is goals.

And in the end that's his primary role! Alas, anyone thinking we could easily replace those goals needs to give their head a serious wobble.

What we need to do is nurture him, support him, rekindle his relationship with the club and importantly bring in some genuine competition.

Throwing our toys out the cot because he's not the true blue people desire is cringe worthy; thinking objectively he's the best we can expect.
True blue. It's a nonsense anyway. All over European football players use other clubs and the media to get better contracts or get moves away.

As long as he's performing on the pitch I don't care and when it's right for both him and club I will wish him well just like I wish Stones well now.

However now is not the time because we can't replace him.

Mentioned it a good few weeks back for no good reason but can see Baines going, do you think the Baines Pienaar partnership resurface under Moyes at Sunderland.

NOT ITK and pure 100% speculation as its peeing down outside and I'm bored.

He's off nowhere mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back