Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not negativity mate. I'm all for Koeman and I've said a lot that William's signature is the best signing of the window so far in the PL for me.

But it is what it is.

I notice Koeman has stated today that he's finding it hard landing primary targets because they dont necessarily buy into 'the project' he's selling. That's noticeable in the types he's having to bring in right now. Players who'll fit into a wage structure wont necessarily be the missing links we require unfortunately.

About the targets, to me there is the difficulty after the last two seasons of branding the club as the place to go to.

I was listening to Radio City Talk on the drive home from work last night, and Sharp (and Aldo) summed Lukaku up perfectly for me.

For all the criticisms you can make about Lukaku be that with regards to his abilities, performances or attitude; his goal record speaks for itself.

Forgetting his sulk and naive comments at the end of last season, without his vital and pretty copious amounts of goals we'd have been relegated.

He's not a perfect professional by and stretch of the imagination and he could improve in areas, yet what he does guarantee you is goals.

And in the end that's his primary role! Alas, anyone thinking we could easily replace those goals needs to give their head a serious wobble.

What we need to do is nurture him, support him, rekindle his relationship with the club and importantly bring in some genuine competition.

Throwing our toys out the cot because he's not the true blue people desire is cringe worthy; thinking objectively he's the best we can expect.

Largely that is correct but did not help himself with the poor playing in the last few months and the Euros.

Dave.
I am not sure it is that easy for any player to adapt their game that easily. If it was then surely we could get Niasse , McGeady, Garbutt and others to adapt and fill the gaps we need filled.

I think there's natural wastage at all clubs. But the vast majority dont need that much coaching to put a bit more perspiration into a game. It's all about discipline rather than inspiration. It's not hard to adapt any player to get behind the ball. Martinez had a much harder task coming here in his first season adapting players used to being direct and not that comfortable on the ball to being in possession of it. It's what Koeman gets paid for - to adapt and coach as well as spend cash.

Mate, for me the solution is already here and hiding in plain sight: Ross Barkley.

I wonder whether managers see the same as the rest of us. I think he's utterly wasted anywhere else than CM. He's played there on occasion under Martinez and it was a success. The Derby where he dropped back after a reshuffle after Baines limped off - he was unstoppable; the home game versus QPR before Christmas the following season. He has to be put there or dont play him at all, imo.
don't really recall seeing what you said you saw

Largely that is correct but did not help himself with the poor playing in the last few months and the Euros.
No he didn't and his naivety in some of the stuff he mentioned (and when) haven't helped either, however I think Rom knows this all to well.

For all the talk of him wanting to leave, neither his performances in the latter end of the season for us or at the Euros have highlighted him well.

In fact most probably quite the opposite. His valuation by us has maintained the same while his own stock has arguably dropped due to the above.

That strengthens our hand and why I think he'll ultimately stay in the short to medium term. Another good season however and he'll be off.

About the targets, to me there is the difficulty after the last two seasons of branding the club as the place to go to.
Nah, it's always been a no go area for players with CL credentials and/or aspirations.

Only massive wages will persuade those players if we haven't got CL for them...and our wage structure is an almighty problem in that respect. Basically we're still shopping in the same market.

It's not negativity mate. I'm all for Koeman and I've said a lot that William's signature is the best signing of the window so far in the PL for me.

But it is what it is.

I notice Koeman has stated today that he's finding it hard landing primary targets because they dont necessarily buy into 'the project' he's selling. That's noticeable in the types he's having to bring in right now. Players who'll fit into a wage structure wont necessarily be the missing links we require unfortunately.

yeah bar a few marquee signings, look at some of the rubbish man city brought in when their 'project' started...

I was listening to Radio City Talk on the drive home from work last night, and Sharp (and Aldo) summed Lukaku up perfectly for me.

For all the criticisms you can make about Lukaku be that with regards to his abilities, performances or attitude; his goal record speaks for itself.

Forgetting his sulk and naive comments at the end of last season, without his vital and pretty copious amounts of goals we'd have been relegated.

He's not a perfect professional by and stretch of the imagination and he could improve in areas, yet what he does guarantee you is goals.

And in the end that's his primary role! Alas, anyone thinking we could easily replace those goals needs to give their head a serious wobble.

What we need to do is nurture him, support him, rekindle his relationship with the club and importantly bring in some genuine competition.

Throwing our toys out the cot because he's not the true blue people desire is cringe worthy; thinking objectively he's the best we can expect.
Or we may of had a difference player that scored more but kept the game flowing as he wouldn't lose the ball so often, so whilst scoring less himself may well of increased the overall teams goal output... No one knows, you certainly can't say we would of been relegated, we may of got Europe for all we know.

Not that I don't rate Lukaku, just playing devils advocate.

I'm not surprised after the utter mess we have been for the last 18 months; starting with rebuilding the reputation of the club.....all thanks to one man

Ron will get us there, without a doubt. It just may take a bit longer than expected

I'm not surprised after the utter mess we have been for the last 18 months; starting with rebuilding the reputation of the club.....all thanks to one man

Ron will get us there, without a doubt. It just may take a bit longer than expected
You've completely misunderstood the nature of the problem and what this current manager is saying.

yeah bar a few marquee signings, look at some of the rubbish man city brought in when their 'project' started...

It's all going to take time

After a few discussions here and there, I'm reasonably happy that Moshiri is here for the long haul, so I'm willing to be patient

I'm not even remotely ITK btw, but I've just got that feeling after chatting to some other people who are a bit closer to it than me

It's all going to take time

After a few discussions here and there, I'm reasonably happy that Moshiri is here for the long haul, so I'm willing to be patient

I'm not even remotely ITK btw, but I've just got that feeling after chatting to some other people who are a bit closer to it than me

i want to win the league please mikey

many thanks

(ps- please do a microprose soccer review, many thanks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back