Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite his 70% remark last week that played up the fan's own prejudices about lack of fitness as an issue, I bet Koeman doesn't look at this squad and immediately think: "If only I can get this lot up to 100% we can go places". More likely he's thinking: "Where is the intensity and spirit of these players? They look suited to a different possession based game rather than the sort I want, I'm going to get rid and buy in new players".

The solution here wont be conditioning it'll be an open cheque book.
We were a joke under Martinez, we let teams get to the edge of our box without a challenge. I presume Koeman either thinks the current players can adapt to real football or we buy new ones.

Despite his 70% remark last week that played up the fan's own prejudices about lack of fitness as an issue, I bet Koeman doesn't look at this squad and immediately think: "If only I can get this lot up to 100% we can go places". More likely he's thinking: "Where is the intensity and spirit of these players? They look suited to a different possession based game rather than the sort I want, I'm going to get rid and buy in new players".

The solution here wont be conditioning it'll be an open cheque book.

It goes to show how fitness had gone down under RM which was obvious to all attending the matches at GP. Instead of talking about RK you should be pointing the finger at RM letting the team get into this state.

Deffo a mix mate.

I think it's fanciful to believe there's a squad of players in the PL who by and large lack fitness. It's a very easy explanation for a very complex problem. Those lads whether last season or this season are as fit as a butchers dog in the vast majority of cases. They're "not fit" only in the sense that they're not fit to wear the shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back