Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's contradictory evidence on this mate and an awful lot of spin about it which is wrapped up with criticism of the outgoing manager.

How, for example, do we account for an Everton team that went to Wembley on a massive energy sapping pitch like that taking control of the game in the last half hour and looking easily the stronger team to go on and win it if United hadn't scored in the last seconds? How does that underscore the theory? In other games earlier in the season we lost games right at the death but we'd actually won them late on to throw away. There was just a collective collapse in that team - the manager and team were estranged in the latter half of the season and discipline just wasn't there. Was conditioning a problem in RMs first season here? Not an issue then as I remember.

Imo the problem isn't fitness so much as a team that was struggling with a terrible backline who let the team as a forward going entity down badly.

Koeman shouldn't be set a low bar of raising fitness levels. I hope his speciality is sorting out discipline.
Zzzzzzzzz

I think there's contradictory evidence on this mate and an awful lot of spin about it which is wrapped up with criticism of the outgoing manager.

How, for example, do we account for an Everton team that went to Wembley on a massive energy sapping pitch like that taking control of the game in the last half hour and looking easily the stronger team to go on and win it if United hadn't scored in the last seconds? How does that underscore the theory? In other games earlier in the season we lost games right at the death but we'd actually won them late on to throw away. There was just a collective collapse in that team - the manager and team were estranged in the latter half of the season and discipline just wasn't there. Was conditioning a problem in RMs first season here? Not an issue then as I remember.

Imo the problem isn't fitness so much as a team that was struggling with a terrible backline who let the team as a forward going entity down badly.

Koeman shouldn't be set a low bar of raising fitness levels. I hope his speciality is sorting out discipline.
So there's one game that was fueled by adrenaline and the occasion vs. the other 40 games last year when Del and Ross who are two of our youngest first team players had their hands on their knees sucking wind after 30 minutes. That's crap conditioning. Maybe the experienced lads knew how to do it on their own but the youngsters did not have proper conditioning which was unacceptable.

So there's one game that was fueled by adrenaline and the occasion vs. the other 40 games last year when Del and Ross who are two of our youngest first team players had their hands on their knees sucking wind after 30 minutes. That's crap conditioning. Maybe the experienced lads knew how to do it on their own but the youngsters did not have proper conditioning which was unacceptable.

Adrenaline fuelled? Lol. They hardly rushed out of the blocks like.

Adrenaline fuelled? Lol. They hardly rushed out of the blocks like.
Yeah, and having your cup life on the line in a semi final at Wembley won't give you a boost adrenaline? You ever played the game? Anything to say to the other points? Explain how our youngsters were constantly sucking wind if they were properly conditioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back