Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have to simplify it to a single thing,
Koeman is here to get the team to win games.

Obviously, developing players will make that more likely and I would expect to see Koeman and the coaches around him will do that, but I don't think that's the most important aspect of his job, especially given that it appears we will be able to compete for better players in the market, so we could just buy the players that perform the way Koeman wants. We've recently been a club that develops young players, but successful teams of the past won trophies without players we had developed, and nobody cared because we were winning things. I like the fact that we develop young players, but if that was sacrificed for nice shiny trophies that's a sacrifice worth making as far as I'm concerned. Of course, if we could have both then all the better.

Koeman adapted players he inherited at S'ton and I dont see any reason why we should not see that here. Having a bigger cheque book is something that should be used to get fantastic talent in.

I'm looking for improvement in the games of those who stay on. That's a fair thing to ask of any manager. It's not Fantasy Football.

dont know mate - just know that Stones looked really weak at the back for us last year.
John Stones' effectiveness as a defender is ironically when he's in possession but he needs all his teammates even the GK to be able to play that way. The reason is because they never give the other team the ball and they force teams to play long and on the counter. For that reason all Stones needs is a bit of pace and height and be good one on one. It's not a secret why Pep wanted him and he will prob turn out to be a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back