Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I can't understand why anybody would want to lose what he's brilliant at, creating chances in a team that lack creativity. The only issue is that RK appears to like his wingers to play narrow which doesn't really play to Deulofeu's strengths.

If hes given a free role he could pop up behind the full back

depends mate, must say im not overly bothered about how we play it from the back as long as it entertains and last weekends stuff entertained me a hell of a lot more than anything served in the last 18 months has done, best everton side i ever saw never played it out from the back as a matter ofc, they could do it - Mountfield was very capable at it, but we went long or wide more often than not from the back as well, just did it with purpose

Footy changed a wee bit since then though mate. Think modern football requires CBs who do more than basic defending.

All the 'top sides' are going after ball playing CBs.

Blind is though. And heard the opposite is true for Koulibaly, but haven't seen him in person.
I should've explained further. Managers of big clubs have different opinions on what they want. Obviously Barca's influence can be seen as you say a lot of teams are looking to keep the ball above all else but there are still people like Mourinho and Conte at top clubs and I think everyone would consider them top managers and they don't operate in that way. Re: Blind, he wasn't a Mourinho signing so I think that's misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back