Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koulibaly is great on the ball
You've both misunderstood. Probably a semantics thing with what we each define a ball playing center back as. I don't think any cb at a good level literally can't play short passes and be able keep the ball in a possession based system (just like Bailly can) but I wouldn't say they are asked to do what a Pique or Stones or whatever other example you want are asked to. They don't (Bailly / Koulibaily) have the same passing range and vision as what I would consider a true ball playing cb. Again could be how we each define the term but I personally don't consider them in that category.

You've both misunderstood. Probably a semantics thing with what we each define a ball playing center back as. I don't think any cb at a good level literally can't play short passes and be able keep the ball in a possession based system (just like Bailly can) but I wouldn't say they are asked to do what a Pique or Stones or whatever other example you want are asked to. They don't (Bailly / Koulibaily) have the same passing range and vision as what I would consider a true ball playing cb. Again could be how we each define the term but I personally don't consider them in that category.

Koulibaly frequently plays long passes all the way down the pitch and is very good at it.

Footy changed a wee bit since then though mate. Think modern football requires CBs who do more than basic defending.

All the 'top sides' are going after ball playing CBs.

United ain't got one mate, Leicester last season won the league without one, trying g to remember and don't think atheletico have one really either, do Chelsea?

Can I ask is @The Esk no longer able to give us any transfer related updates? I notice your active in Usminov thread, but not seen any transfer stuff for a while? I genuinely miss the updates, whether they come off or not doesnt bother me, just enjoyed the optimism!
he's said a few times on twitter that he's on vacation and doesn't know any up to date doings since he's removed from the source. guessing the usminov stuff is more theoretical

Can I ask is @The Esk no longer able to give us any transfer related updates? I notice your active in Usminov thread, but not seen any transfer stuff for a while? I genuinely miss the updates, whether they come off or not doesnt bother me, just enjoyed the optimism!

Been on holiday and still am for another 10 days mate, will see what I can do for early next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back