Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we really need a central midfielder that can put his foot on the ball and offer some creativity.

I like Barry but he has the turning circle of a large boat, someone with a bit of guile in there with Gueye would be great.

A striker to push Lukaku.

A keeper.

Some cover at full back although Holgate is looking great to be fair.

Barry is looking good atm, but is at an age that he could just go overnight, also worry about how he'd cope if Gueye picks up an injury or suspension as well, even if none of that happens though, he's 35 and we need someone in before long anyway (preferably someone who can make sure he doesnt play about 50 games this season)

I'm sure a new centre midfielder will come in after all the links to several all summer

Hope so mate, we need it.

Carvalho would have been boss - but looks massively unlikely atm have to say, Schneiderlin - not usre if he's exactly what we need - but a cracking player - just not the most creative - but we wont concede many with him and Gueye in the centre thats for usre, would have loved Strootman but no chance on earth Roma will sell or the player would leave

Strootman on loan, but with some sort of deal in place so nobody can jump in and steal at the end of season. would love to buy him outright but with his knee injury’s just come back from can you really take that risk. i am suprised koeman hasnt already looked at him unless that is a risk he doesnt want to touch

No chance on earth, he captained Roma in their season opener and the coach has already said he will be the captain for next seaosn when Rossi is out of contract and leaves. Also absolutely adored by the fans and has made numerous statements about how he owes Roma fans and the Roma team everything for sticking by him.

and Koeman probably did look at him and was told in no uncertain terms he wasn't for sale and maybe the player even said he wasn't interested mate.

Would have loved him here, but think we have more chance of attracting bloody James Rodriguez that Strootman (and yes i know we have no chance of that either)

Here's something i find really really strange, When Everton win and the same weekend Liverppol get embaressed, some posters on here either go missing compltetely or there post count trickles away to almost nothing, yet same posters seem to be out in force if we get a bad result or the rs have a good one.

Most strange really, can't fathom the reason at all

Here's something i find really really strange, When Everton win and the same weekend Liverppol get embaressed, some posters on here either go missing compltetely or there post count trickles away to almost nothing, yet same posters seem to be out in force if we get a bad result or the rs have a good one.

Tis a mystery and no mistake.

@local_blue not sure why I'm tagging this lad in this post???

We can't go into the rest of the season without a decent back up to Lukaku, surely?

And before anyone mentions A Kone, I said decent back up.

Seems to be a consensus that we still need quite a few signings. This really is a pivotal time for the club to step up, not bothered about marquee names but need the options/cover where appropriate.

Hope Everton are on the same track and that most of us will be pleased with what transpires. We deserve to gorge on some signings.

We still need to get rid of a lot of dead wood.

Niasse
Kone
McGeady
Cleverley

All need to go and replaced with players who can contribute enough to be in the squad.

Dream scenario would probably be:
Hart
Ghezzal
Mata
Carvalho/Witsel
Bony
Kone

I don't think we need a new RB as Holgate probably deserves a chance there if we play 4 at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back