Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he thought that he wouldn't have played him in a three man centre back partnership
With Stones gone, Williams not fit and another CB still on the way Koeman had to decide a kid to be the third choice CB if he wanted to have three at the back. He wasn't spoilt for options.

I'd expect Holgate to be our RWB or RB against Stoke, depending on how we line up. Another good performance and he'll have rightfully earngh the spot as our second choice RB/fifth choice CB. (Which will be handy to have a good amount of quality options if we regularly have three CB's on the field.

At this point, we're technically breaking even. I'd like to see us lash out on another 3 top quality players and have a team with incredible talent. The squad has sufficient depth to it, these days. It isn't amazing, but then as someone was saying the other day, Leicester won the league by playing about 13 consistent players.

We're not winning the league, obviously, but we certainly have the talent - and with three more - to push a top six place and really develop our reputation again.

It's time to be selfish and to be a little arrogant; throw some money around and don't make apologies about it.

With Stones gone, Williams not fit and another CB still on the way Koeman had to decide a kid to be the third choice CB if he wanted to have three at the back. He wasn't spoilt for options.

I'd expect Holgate to be our RWB or RB against Stoke, depending on how we line up. Another good performance and he'll have rightfully earngh the spot as our second choice RB/fifth choice CB. (Which will be handy to have a good amount of quality options if we regularly have three CB's on the field.

Howard at his best was at the level Everton was at around the same time , 6-8TH calibre keeper, never better than that, but never better IMO, made to look worse as his rapid decline happened to coincide with a lot of top keepers co.ing into the league so stuck out like a sore thumb against them.

Good servant to the club, but like was our problem a lot of the times a lack if finances and willingness to move on players on the decline then it meant he went on 2-3 years too long at the club.

Howard at his best was at the level Everton was at around the same time , 6-8TH calibre keeper, never better than that, but never better IMO, made to look worse as his rapid decline happened to coincide with a lot of top keepers co.ing into the league so stuck out like a sore thumb against them.

Good servant to the club, but like was our problem a lot of the times a lack if finances and willingness to move on players on the decline then it meant he went on 2-3 years too long at the club.
I think we've now got that brutal and realist mentality now.

Look at the RK comments as regard Niasse and McGeady...

I think we really need a central midfielder that can put his foot on the ball and offer some creativity.

I like Barry but he has the turning circle of a large boat, someone with a bit of guile in there with Gueye would be great.

A striker to push Lukaku.

A keeper.

Some cover at full back although Holgate is looking great to be fair.

I think we really need a central midfielder that can put his foot on the ball and offer some creativity.

I like Barry but he has the turning circle of a large boat, someone with a bit of guile in there with Gueye would be great.

A striker to push Lukaku.

A keeper.

Some cover at full back although Holgate is looking great to be fair.
Witsel ???

Assuming we sign Kone, I would still like us to sign 3 more...

Hart
CM
CF

Not sure what options are out there though for CM and CF so wouldn't be entirely surprised with just Kone and Hart.

I want a new keeper, it's only been two games but hart would be an upgrade but depending on the price

Sell kone and get a back up striker in
Sign Kone as he a beast in the air

So I expect
Hart
Kone
Striker

Plus an extra box to box midfielder would be nice if we could offload Gibson and cleverly.

Assuming we sign Kone, I would still like us to sign 3 more...

Hart
CM
CF

Not sure what options are out there though for CM and CF so wouldn't be entirely surprised with just Kone and Hart.

....I'm not sure if Sunderland are looking to sit tight on Kone, they've apparently suspended him until the window shuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back