Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are currently four players who, if you took them out, would seriously deplete us. Goalie, Baines, Barry and Lukaku. Need more in for at least three

Can see what you mean, would add options...to be honest I'd prefer two more forwards...but looks like he wants to use Geri central so one forward will do I think

I think after the first two games he may nip that in the bud mate.

Even he could see no striker means we were farting about in their half not being able to do anything. If we struggle like that against west brom then how would that fare against an actual good team?

We will go out and sign a back up i'm sure of it, no idea who but anyone who can come in and provide the presence role, even if they don't score that many.

We best rid ourselves of Kone, Niasse and McGeady. There is no reason whatsoever for them to still be on the books, even giving them away would be a great move.

Then the likes of Cleverley and Gibson who we would probably sell for a fee, if there is interest in them they have to go too. Wouldn't sell Robles unless we can get a big-name keeper in. Hart? If so, Robles can go aye. At this stage I'm warming to Steklenberg being our number one.

I'd very much like to see those five players sold. Throw in McCarthy too if somebody wants to pay eight figures.

I think after the first two games he may nip that in the bud mate.

Even he could see no striker means we were farting about in their half not being able to do anything. If we struggle like that against west brom then how would that fare against an actual good team?

We will go out and sign a back up i'm sure of it, no idea who but anyone who can come in and provide the presence role, even if they don't score that many.

He may still use that tactic against any sides that defend with a high line - Geri, Kev and Yannick would have a field day.

We best rid ourselves of Kone, Niasse and McGeady. There is no reason whatsoever for them to still be on the books, even giving them away would be a great move.

Then the likes of Cleverley and Gibson who we would probably sell for a fee, if there is interest in them they have to go too. Wouldn't sell Robles unless we can get a big-name keeper in. Hart? If so, Robles can go aye. At this stage I'm warming to Steklenberg being our number one.

I'd very much like to see those five players sold. Throw in McCarthy too if somebody wants to pay eight figures.
slight flaw in that mate.

so we get rid of cleverley + gibson. great, not good enough overall.

Except

That leaves us with barry, McCarthy, Besic (injured) and Gueye to play 2 positions all season. basically 3 for 2, means we would have to then go and sign at least 2 better cms with a weeks notice to replace them, as well as a striker, right back, centre half, goalkeeper, winger etc

See what i mean? Can't see us solving all our problems in one week without increasing them at the same time.

That person has passed on info that he was told was right at the time.

Strange how he's got barely any credit for calling Lukaku weeks ago, when everybody else's heads were falling off, but hey, that's none of my business.
Can I ask how you know this please?

I presume you know the same sources as he does? Do tell.

Otherwise please refrain from presenting your optimistic opinion as immutable fact. Thanks.

Can I ask how you know this please?

I presume you know the same sources as he does? Do tell.

Otherwise please refrain from presenting your optimistic opinion as immutable fact. Thanks.

Do ever refrain from presenting your negative opinion as immutable fact.

And no I don't know his sources. I do trust him though.

Except

That leaves us with barry, McCarthy, Besic (injured) and Gueye to play 2 positions all season. basically 3 for 2, means we would have to then go and sign at least 2 better cms with a weeks notice to replace them, as well as a striker, right back, centre half, goalkeeper, winger etc

See what i mean? Can't see us solving all our problems in one week without increasing them at the same time.
No cos we buy more players before the transfer window ends. Sorted!

Except

If we sell Clevs and Gibson we'll get one quality centre mid in who will cover the impact both of them have

If we sell Clevs and Gibson we'll get one quality centre mid in who will cover the impact both of them have
That's it. Gibson is behind Gueye, Barry and McCarthy right now, so he basically offers as much as I do. Cleverley is generally played out wide (does he have a real position?) and we've got Bolasie, Mirallas, Deulofeu and Lennon ahead of him, and possibly even one more coming in.

They are essentially surplus to requirements, as the term goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back