Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem to be a strange year. Chelsea have been chasing Koulibaly for weeks without success plus they have only managed to bring in Kante. Arsenal got rejected by Vardy and are struggling to get 'value' as Wenger would say. Spurs still cant get the N'Koulou deal wrapped up and have only signed Wanyama and Janssen.

Mourinho done well getting Bailly in early as looking at the market now, Villareal probaby would have held out for more.

It's purely because everyone knows how much money is sloshing round the Prem right now.. players that were worth £3m last season are being touted at £20m+...Koulibaly is probably worth a max of £18m if that...but Napoli realise they can make fortune if they play the game.
£15m for a year loan of Hart is an example... madness
Walsh will hopefully come into his own for us ... otherwise there will be the likes of Niasse coming in for a fortune...oh, hang on..

It does seem to be a strange year. Chelsea have been chasing Koulibaly for weeks without success plus they have only managed to bring in Kante. Arsenal got rejected by Vardy and are struggling to get 'value' as Wenger would say. Spurs still cant get the N'Koulou deal wrapped up and have only signed Wanyama and Janssen.

Mourinho done well getting Bailly in early as looking at the market now, Villareal probaby would have held out for more.
They did hike the price up as they were quoting a price of £20m for him to german clubs a week or so before, but United were probably happy to pay the extra £10m to get it over and done with quickly given their vast resources

The Spanish press seem to think Seville will sign Alves from Valencia. I suspect the GK market will run close to the transfer window with multiple clubs in the market and several keepers in play you can read most of these articles as agents trying for leverage. A high-stakes game of chicken.

8 days left of the transfer window. Worth keeping in mind when assessing Moshiri.

I remember when the transfer window opened and when we didn't sign players straight away it was all fine. Then came the 6 weeks to the end of the window. Then season doesn't kick off for another 2 weeks, then three weeks of the window left.

I trust we are signing players at some point but all these don't worry comments look a little silly really .

gianfranco-zola-o.gif

Gorgon Zola

I remember when the transfer window opened and when we didn't sign players straight away it was all fine. Then came the 6 weeks to the end of the window. Then season doesn't kick off for another 2 weeks, then three weeks of the window left.

I trust we are signing players at some point but all these don't worry comments look a little silly really .
Who says I'm not worried? I am worried.

We're struggling to attract the players we want - that does worry me.

But to peg the blame on Moshiri's lack of outlay is just plain wrong - especially since none of us can form an opinion until we know who signs before the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back