Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should all just do other things to take our mind off this thread. I recommend:
ad43b__tai-cheese1.jpg
Try our forum mate then you's will see fans with reasons to whinge about lol

[QUOTE="Ashtonian, post: 4809670, member:
Between panic buying and sorting deals out on our terms?

How is that silly? Buy a player 3 weeks ago and it's all calm and collected. Buy them with a week to go and it's panic buying which can result in spending for the sake of it.

You know, like niasse.[/QUOTE]
@Ashtonian
The height of psychosis. You're creating hypothetical scenarios to fume over. What if we sign Witsel or Mata or Carvalho after all. Would they be panic buys just because they're bought in the last week? What if Ghezzal or Brahimi see their options progress over the remaining time and do a u-turn and sign. There are only so many Niasse's in the world and I doubt they're on Walsh's list.

Does anyone know who is speaking to these players? Is Koeman personally speaking to them, outlining the vision etc or is it left to Walsh/Ryazantsev?

They maybe from "crap" teams but they are not crap players. Gana has proven in two games to be a lot better then the fee we paid for him. Williams is a top notch premiership centre half and Bolaisse had twenty minutes on the pitch last Saturday and created two great scoring opportunities. We got them because they rightly viewed Everton as a step up from their old sides the problem with signing players from Europe is that guys at Lyon etc aren't going to view us as a step up on where they are at the moment. It's a process that will take time but hopefully will be well worth it
Yeah a step up from relegation battle to mid table mate.

Doesnt change who we are going for and who we are actually getting. They may not be terrible players but if the grand sum is signing the best of the worst players in the League then we are running similar to those lot doing it and pretending they are fantastic.

Bolasie Gueye and stekelenburg aren't world beaters, they may well be good for us but they aren't the same calibre as the ones who keep turning us down. And thst is the key here, we aren't strengthening as much as we thought because of it. Williams may be great for us but short term solution. Gueye may be great or fade away etc

Point is we are still massively downgrading no matter how you paint it up.

[QUOTE="Ashtonian, post: 4809670, member:
Between panic buying and sorting deals out on our terms?
@VentureBrosEFC
The height of psychosis. You're creating hypothetical scenarios to fume over. What if we sign Witsel or Mata or Carvalho after all. Would they be panic buys just because they're bought in the last week? What if Ghezzal or Brahimi see their options progress over the remaining time and do a u-turn and sign. There are only so many Niasse's in the world and I doubt they're on Walsh's list.
But you have only named players we have negotiated with before? How does that help your point? I'm talking about throwing money at a club for random players just to fill a position that we need.

If the ones you mentioned turned up after all then they would have been sorted out over time and therefore not panic buys

I find it highly coincidental that we managed to get business done once we sold Stones - because maybe money was suddenly there.

Well with respect, even a basic understanding of the club's finances regardless of any money Moshiri has additionally made available would tell you money has been available throughout the summer.

The early bids for Witsel and Mata, with Witsel in particular agreed other than signed at one stage, necessitated the resources to complete the deal had he signed - that demonstrated the funds were there.

With bids for Koulibaly and Carvalho out there as well at the time, there's no way we would have been attempting such acquisitions without the resources to cover the deals.

We have been trying to acquire players since the early summer. Notably all of our major targets have not signed yet for anyone else. Clearly we may not appear to be as attractive as a proposition as we thought earlier in the summer but with slightly more than a week to go we are still going after players.

The time to question what we have done, how well we did it will be after the window closes.

Oh, and unrelated to your quoted post, the expectation is that Hart will join us regardless of the current reports.

Yes and yes. And re: yesterday's Dominic King report on Everton walking away from the Hart deal, that read like two clubs who are actually on the same page trying to use their leverage to influence the player to compromise. BOTH Everton and City want a permanent move. The £7m outlay seems less the issue than the fact that it is accompanied with ZERO commitment in the form of a loan. It hurts City because they want him off their books. I totally understand why Hart would want a loan because he feels he hasn't had enough time to thoughtfully consider a long term commitment. But this is how football works and Hart is being given a chance to be a No. 1 for a Top 6 contender and a great manager ALL WHILE not having to uproot himself. He can stay in his same home with a slightly different commute. He wants to be in England and he needs to play to stay England's No. 1. It all makes so much sense. Almost too much.

Everton have shown a strong hand "walking away" from the table with the loan scenario on offer. Everton know they've got a strong position (Stek's strong play the first couple matches has helped their cause) and they're leveraging it. This all reeks of a deal that ultimately gets done. If it doesn't, it'll be down to Hart's stubborn pride and I've no doubt that Everton will have prepared either a contingency or assessed that they can make it to January with Stek. I'm choosing to trust Walsh, Koeman and co. They've earned it with their previous work.

But you have only named players we have negotiated with before? How does that help your point? I'm talking about throwing money at a club for random players just to fill a position that we need.

If the ones you mentioned turned up after all then they would have been sorted out over time and therefore not panic buys
My point is why would you fume over a hypothetical so it's you who has to prove your justification if anyone has to prove a point.

Doesnt change who we are going for and who we are actually getting. They may not be terrible players but if the grand sum is signing the best of the worst players in the League then we are running similar to those lot doing it and pretending they are fantastic.

Bolasie Gueye and stekelenburg aren't world beaters, they may well be good for us but they aren't the same calibre as the ones who keep turning us down. And thst is the key here, we aren't strengthening as much as we thought because of it. Williams may be great for us but short term solution. Gueye may be great or fade away etc

I get what you're saying but if our pre season last year saw us sign Kasper Schmichael, Mahrez, Vardy and Kante you would've been fuming for the same reason. We don't know what Gana or Bolasie's performances will be like over the course of the season. We also don't know if Witsel or Carvalho would actually be any good in the prem.

Plus I honestly think we will make a couple of quality signings late on so let's just wait and see. Previous last minute business for us had included the likes of Lukaku, Barry etc. so it's not all panic buying.

With bids for Koulibaly and Carvalho out there as well at the time, there's no way we would have been attempting such acquisitions without the resources to cover the deals.

Ah remember those hazy summer days when we all thought we were going to sign some boss players :(

Yet all the signings we have made have/will improve the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back