Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it didn't. If the bids actually happened, which in itself is doubtful as there's "expressing interest" and "formal bid" - very different things - all it says is we were prepared to bid for a player; whether we were actually prepared to finalise that transfer is a different story entirely.

You seem to make massive jumps in terms of assuming things. You have no proof we have funds for anything mate, sorry but you don't.

We can/should only comment on what we do know, and that is the following - Everton have only finalised major transfers this window after Stones was sold. We have no proof whatsoever that we could have signed a player like Bolasie for that sort of fee before Stones was sold.

Until we do sign those players and show we don't need to sell to buy, then logic dictates that there's a big chance Everton are still sell to buy.

The bid for Witsel happened. Napoli's president and Koulibaly's agent also confirmed the Koulibaly bid happened.

The bid for Witsel happened. Napoli's president and Koulibaly's agent also confirmed the Koulibaly bid happened.

Great, but that doesn't confirm the funds were there to complete the transfer. What would confirm that would be the actual signing.

Until then, people are making assumptions based on very little evidence. Until we see such evidence, people should remain very sceptical of Moshiri.

Probably banking on Bolasie and Williams to somehow shoot us up the league, finish in a much more respectable position and thus be more attractive to potential players this time next year. Problem with that, of course, is that without further new players we'll end up about mid-table again.

The Manager and his assistant have gone on record more than once about the slow transfer cadence conducted by the club. The manager himself went on record only recently to suggest that he needs to sells the vision better which I think was a backhanded slap to the club that they are not doing that correctly themselves.

It,s a been a very poor transfer window to date and I suspect we are nowhere near where we should be wrt to the managers expectations thus far.

I have genuinely never seen you not post a whinging statement.

Irregardless, have we improved on our squad from May?

Yes.

Have we improved the coaching team?

Yes.

Do we still need to make signings?

Yes, and Koeman has gone on record saying three more are expected.

Eight days left. We once signed three players in an hour.

No it didn't. If the bids actually happened, which in itself is doubtful as there's "expressing interest" and "formal bid" - very different things - all it says is we were prepared to bid for a player; whether we were actually prepared to finalise that transfer is a different story entirely.

You seem to make massive jumps in terms of assuming things. You have no proof we have funds for anything mate, sorry but you don't.

We can/should only comment on what we do know, and that is the following - Everton have only finalised major transfers this window after Stones was sold. We have no proof whatsoever that we could have signed a player like Bolasie for that sort of fee before Stones was sold.

Until we do sign those players and show we don't need to sell to buy, then logic dictates that there's a big chance Everton are still sell to buy.
BUT WE SIGNED MATA AND WITSEL FFS

Yeah a step up from relegation battle to mid table mate.

Doesnt change who we are going for and who we are actually getting. They may not be terrible players but if the grand sum is signing the best of the worst players in the League then we are running similar to those lot doing it and pretending they are fantastic.

Bolasie Gueye and stekelenburg aren't world beaters, they may well be good for us but they aren't the same calibre as the ones who keep turning us down. And thst is the key here, we aren't strengthening as much as we thought because of it. Williams may be great for us but short term solution. Gueye may be great or fade away etc

Point is we are still massively downgrading no matter how you paint it up.
I'm going to presume you mean downgrading from those we are linked with to those we signed and not from last year to this?
We are not going to go directly from cleverly playing wide to Hazard, it has to go from Cleverly - Bolaisse - Ghezzel - Hazard. That of course is an example but we are probably looking at 4 windows minimum before RK has anywhere near the type of squad he desires. We have waited this long a couple of more years won't kill us

My point is why would you fume over a hypothetical so it's you who has to prove your justification if anyone has to prove a point.
I don't need to prove any point here. The facts are there. Whether they change is down to the club but either way we haven't really spent any money and the teams we are buying from are terrible.

I get what you're saying but if our pre season last year saw us sign Kasper Schmichael, Mahrez, Vardy and Kante you would've been fuming for the same reason. We don't know what Gana or Bolasie's performances will be like over the course of the season. We also don't know if Witsel or Carvalho would actually be any good in the prem.

Plus I honestly think we will make a couple of quality signings late on so let's just wait and see. Previous last minute business for us had included the likes of Lukaku, Barry etc. so it's not all panic buying.

I agree. Would have been a massive fume going on here if we had bought them players. Hindsight tells us now don't judge anyone until seasons end now just in case they are actually boss for us.

But to be fair Barry and Mccarthy were replacements for fellaini and we wanted ba over lukaku at the time so we were technicely panic buying for two of them there

Great, but that doesn't confirm the funds were there to complete the transfer. What would confirm that would be the actual signing.

Until then, people are making assumptions based on very little evidence. Until we see such evidence, people should remain very sceptical of Moshiri.

Eh?

If the funds weren't there we wouldn't make a bid. Tubes you're talking utter nonsense!

The Witsel fee - it was widely reported by reliable Belgian journalists - was agreed. We couldn't agree personal terms and it had nothing to do with wages - it was down to him not wanting to come here.

Ok if you know this go ahead and post what each player in that list was paid and then link up the salaries of Williams Gueye Bolasie and Stekelenberg.

Mate, unless Bolasie is on £500k a week, it makes very little difference to the fact our net spend is, at best, negligible, and in all probability in the negative.

Can't force players to sign mate, who bids when there is no money ?

We have bid on lots of players, why do that if were skint not to mention who have signed already

I'm going to presume you mean downgrading from those we are linked with to those we signed and not from last year to this?
We are not going to go directly from cleverly playing wide to Hazard, it has to go from Cleverly - Bolaisse - Ghezzel - Hazard. That of course is an example but we are probably looking at 4 windows minimum before RK has anywhere near the type of squad he desires. We have waited this long a couple of more years won't kill us

Leicester wasn't built in a day...

I have genuinely never seen you not post a whinging statement.

Irregardless, have we improved on our squad from May?

Yes.

Have we improved the coaching team?

Yes.

Do we still need to make signings?

Yes, and Koeman has gone on record saying three more are expected.

Eight days left. We once signed three players in an hour.

I could give a flying one about what you think......
The facts are we have a side shooting for Europa league contention as it stands today...

We need at least 3 more in. And they need to be high calibre. I'm obviously slightly calmer this week with 3 points in the bag but my opinion that our transfer dealings have been amateurish and financially cautious remains the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back