Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of negativity around at the minute and I understand why. I felt the same for a while. It's tough to shift the mentality that we're being taken for mugs by the board.

But it's slowly improving.

Koeman Started on June 14th. A lot of the squad didn't get back until mid July or later due to the Euros. Walsh signed around 21st July.

They needed time with the squad to see where he needed to strengthen. Wasn't going to happen overnight. They needed to figure out which players were poor in general and which players were only poor as a result of being Martinezed.

In the following 3 weeks we've signed 3 new players who have undoubtedly strengthened the squad, shipped out one who didn't want to be here for a considerable fee and convinced Lukaku to stay. All the while, if the media can be believed, we are continuing to try to sign players and fingers crossed are closer to a new stadium.

That's progress. I don't think it could have happened sooner with all the changes at the club and yet the knives seem to be out for the new men already. The "Where's the Arteta money Bill" mentality seems to persist.

Give them a chance

Don't change the point. You said it was a wash. Prove it or your other points lose even more validity.

Prove what, that we've spent nothing?

Erm... OK.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/everton-fc/transfers/verein/29

Don't know what you want from me? If you are saying we're probably spending a bit more in wages on the newer guys, then yeah, sure, maybe a bit, but it's not enough to be around £20m extra a year is it?

Stekelenberg will be on less than Howard, Pienaar was on good wedge, as was Osman - it's not like we've released four youth players and brought in four superstars.

image.webp

Times "Definitive" guide to the transfer window. Key departure, one T Hibbert. Reckon someone should tell Tony?

I have genuinely never seen you not post a whinging statement.

Irregardless, have we improved on our squad from May?

Yes.

Have we improved the coaching team?

Yes.

Do we still need to make signings?

Yes, and Koeman has gone on record saying three more are expected.

Eight days left. We once signed three players in an hour.

These aren't facts, BT...just your opinion.

In my opinion:

have we improved on our squad from May?

No. We've lost 5 and gained 4 so far. Time will tell how good the 4 newcomers are, they've started well tho'.

Do we still need to make signings?

Yes, action speaks louder than mere words.

Have we improved the coaching team?

We can not possibly know this until at least two full seasons are out. Martinez made such a positive impression after one season after all.

No, it's actually fact. Pienaar/Hibbert/Osman/Howard wages all off the books, pretty much everything evened out at this stage.
Well would you say we have replaced with better players instead of like for like? I would say we have replaced with better players but time will tell on that.

Prove what, that we've spent nothing?

Erm... OK.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/everton-fc/transfers/verein/29

Don't know what you want from me? If you are saying we're probably spending a bit more in wages on the newer guys, then yeah, sure, maybe a bit, but it's not enough to be around £20m extra a year is it?

Stekelenberg will be on less than Howard, Pienaar was on good wedge, as was Osman - it's not like we've released four youth players and brought in four superstars.
It's the way you flippantly throw figures around like our net spend. You are like @Ashtonian creating scenarios in your head then passing them off as fact.

We also need to get rid of a few players, problem we have with that though is nobody wants them
And who could blame them. :lol: At least that absolute divvy Martinez won't be able to piss millions of Belgium's money up the wall being national manager and all that. He probably still pines for Arouna Kone and must be tracing his family tree back generations hoping he had a half-Belgian great aunt in there somewhere. God I hate that daft get.

Well would you say we have replaced with better players instead of like for like? I would say we have replaced with better players but time will tell on that.

Yes, definitely, but that's not my point. I'm happy with the business we've done and particularly the actions of the manager - Koeman won me over big time with his tactical switch at WBA.

But my point is about the overall bigger picture - a lot of people are assuming we have money to splash, and all I'm saying is that I don't see any evidence of that yet.

Amazingly, people are seemingly outraged at me pointing that out, but we have a negative net spend with just over a week to go in the transfer window. It speaks for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back