Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when the transfer window opened and when we didn't sign players straight away it was all fine. Then came the 6 weeks to the end of the window. Then season doesn't kick off for another 2 weeks, then three weeks of the window left.

I trust we are signing players at some point but all these don't worry comments look a little silly really .
I agree with you 100% that we have made all of our purchases so far from crap football clubs. That's a fact as you have repeatedly said.

However each of the players purchased have improved our starting 11 (even if the GK wasn't originally intended to be a starter). Stekelenburg has already saved (or won) us 3 points in the first 2 games alone. 2 or 3 of his saves have been De Gea like in their brilliance. Williams is the type of defensive organiser/leader we have been crying out for. Gueye has exceeded all my expectations and Bolasie is just a beast. He's in my top 5 players I hate playing against.

You act as if we haven't bought anybody at all, but we have definitely improved our starting 11 and, to date, at no cost to the club.

Add to that a manager who seems to know what he's doing, a much fitter squad and an apparently sounder defensive set up, and we're in a much better position than we were 6 months ago.

Like everybody else I'm hoping we get 3/4 more signings in before the window shuts, but quite honestly I don't give a damn whether they are perceived "status" signings if they are of the same quality as those brought in already.

Eh?

If the funds weren't there we wouldn't make a bid. Tubes you're talking utter nonsense!

The Witsel fee - it was widely reported by reliable Belgian journalists - was agreed. We couldn't agree personal terms and it had nothing to do with wages - it was down to him not wanting to come here.

So much naivety in one sentence.

MK Dons could bid £500m for Messi if they want to, it means nothing.

No, it's actually fact. Pienaar/Hibbert/Osman/Howard wages all off the books, pretty much everything evened out at this stage.
Not really though is it mate but you have your narrative to build

In reality the fees we paid for koeman and Walsh which would have come to around 8m in its self added to the fact koeman is one of the best paid managers in the world would have swallowed up the wages of the departed players.

Added to the fact we have spent 25m on bolasie 7.5m on gana around 10m on Williams and add the wages up for them plus the wages which I can tell you right now that stones wages wouldn't cover all them a blind man could tell you that.

So it's pretty obvious we have spent money it's not even hard to see so your angle doesn't work at all

The Manager and his assistant have gone on record more than once about the slow transfer cadence conducted by the club. The manager himself went on record only recently to suggest that he needs to sells the vision better which I think was a backhanded slap to the club that they are not doing that correctly themselves.

It,s a been a very poor transfer window to date and I suspect we are nowhere near where we should be wrt to the managers expectations thus far.

At the current moment this is spot on.

So we sold Stones so we can increase our wage structure yet I can't really see the need in this, we signed a lad from Aston Villa (guessing £40,000 a week) Ashley Williams (£80,000 am being generous) and Bolasie (£60,000).

Then you think of the players gone Stones (£40,000), Pienaar (£50,000 to £70,000) and Osman (see Pienaar)

This is total guess work but what am trying to say that at the current moment selling Stones for wages surely has been a cock up on our side....

Great, but that doesn't confirm the funds were there to complete the transfer. What would confirm that would be the actual signing.

Until then, people are making assumptions based on very little evidence. Until we see such evidence, people should remain very sceptical of Moshiri.

Are you seriously suggesting that it's likely a well-respected billionaire owner of a Premier league football club bid upwards of £30m in the knowledge that he couldn't pay it, and was just hoping the bids would be rejected? Multiple times?

Hahaha. I absolutely despair.

I don't need to prove any point here. The facts are there. Whether they change is down to the club but either way we haven't really spent any money and the teams we are buying from are terrible.

I agree. Would have been a massive fume going on here if we had bought them players. Hindsight tells us now don't judge anyone until seasons end now just in case they are actually boss for us.

But to be fair Barry and Mccarthy were replacements for fellaini and we wanted ba over lukaku at the time so we were technicely panic buying for two of them there
Jesus Christ. Ash for your own good walk away from all this stuff til Sept 1 and then if things are still all doom and gloom to you then come back and start dropping bombs.

Can't force players to sign mate, who bids when there is no money ?

We have bid on lots of players, why do that if were skint not to mention who have signed already

Everton have probably done it loads of times over the years. Remember Bilic being told we're signing everyone?

"We'll go with what we've got" is a phrase in Everton folklore for a reason.

I'm not even saying it is the case; I'm just saying that at this point in time, people seem to be taking Moshiri at his word based on very little evidence.

At the current moment this is spot on.

So we sold Stones so we can increase our wage structure yet I can't really see the need in this, we signed a lad from Aston Villa (guessing £40,000 a week) Ashley Williams (£80,000 am being generous) and Bolasie (£60,000).

Then you think of the players gone Stones (£40,000), Pienaar (£50,000 to £70,000) and Osman (see Pienaar)

This is total guess work but what am trying to say that at the current moment selling Stones for wages surely has been a cock up on our side....
Bolasie is on 90k a week

We need at least 3 more in. And they need to be high calibre. I'm obviously slightly calmer this week with 3 points in the bag but my opinion that our transfer dealings have been amateurish and financially cautious remains the same.

I'm sorry but how can you call our business 'amateurish'?

We've sold a player who didn't want to be here for a record fee.

We're set to retain our best player who seemingly wanted out originally.

We've already improved in key areas.

We have confirmed we are looking for three more additions - based on the players we already have signed they will be players who will improve us, 'marquee' or not.

We've got a better coach and his coaching staff.

The side look fitter and are already adapting to how Koeman wants to play, but their are still elements to improve.

I swear, most fans now actually ONLY care about transfers, and not the actual football.

The truth is important to me. I'll carry on fighting the good fight.

In a few months time, when Esk has finally been outed as the WUM he is, I will be like the Galileo of GOT.

Can't put a mod on ignore unfortunately.

This is exactly my beef really. He's a mod, therefore he gets extra credibility to everything he says. There have been plenty of people on here pretending to be ITK. I take no notice of them. This fella is doing it with the added credibility of having a Mod label. I was totally taken in and believed we were getting Mata and Witsel.

I think it would be wise for the site to put a disclaimer on his posts, stating that they are his own opinion and are not endorsed by GOT. Either that, or Mods should stick to moderating and not winding up fans.
Careful!

You're not allowed to question him anymore.

He hands out warnings if you do so.
I have to say, you do seem a little obsessive mate.

Also, I personally thought it was clear that Esk's information was with his "moderator hat off" mode, but maybe that's just the way I understood it.

Maybe lay off a little?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back