Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been trying to acquire players since the early summer. Notably all of our major targets have not signed yet for anyone else. Clearly we may not appear to be as attractive as a proposition as we thought earlier in the summer but with slightly more than a week to go we are still going after players.

The time to question what we have done, how well we did it will be after the window closes.

Oh, and unrelated to your quoted post, the expectation is that Hart will join us regardless of the current reports.

Are we going to offload any of our deadwood?

I get what you're saying but if our pre season last year saw us sign Kasper Schmichael, Mahrez, Vardy and Kante you would've been fuming for the same reason. We don't know what Gana or Bolasie's performances will be like over the course of the season. We also don't know if Witsel or Carvalho would actually be any good in the prem.

Plus I honestly think we will make a couple of quality signings late on so let's just wait and see. Previous last minute business for us had included the likes of Lukaku, Barry etc. so it's not all panic buying.

Exactly, people are acting like no business gets done at the end of the window

Careful!

You're not allowed to question him anymore.

He hands out warnings if you do so.

I think you ought to consider my post and pm to you yesterday more carefully. I don't really care if you agree with me or not, but you will have to adhere to the site rules and guidance of moderators.

Well with respect, even a basic understanding of the club's finances regardless of any money Moshiri has additionally made available would tell you money has been available throughout the summer.

The early bids for Witsel and Mata, with Witsel in particular agreed other than signed at one stage, necessitated the resources to complete the deal had he signed - that demonstrated the funds were there.

With bids for Koulibaly and Carvalho out there as well at the time, there's no way we would have been attempting such acquisitions without the resources to cover the deals.

No it didn't. If the bids actually happened, which in itself is doubtful as there's "expressing interest" and "formal bid" - very different things - all it says is we were prepared to bid for a player; whether we were actually prepared to finalise that transfer is a different story entirely.

You seem to make massive jumps in terms of assuming things. You have no proof we have funds for anything mate, sorry but you don't.

We can/should only comment on what we do know, and that is the following - Everton have only finalised major transfers this window after Stones was sold. We have no proof whatsoever that we could have signed a player like Bolasie for that sort of fee before Stones was sold.

Until we do sign those players and show we don't need to sell to buy, then logic dictates that there's a big chance Everton are still sell to buy.

Witsel, Mata, Carvalho, Ghezzal, Brahimi......seems nobody wants to join our reindeer games. :(

The issue of course, is we need to spend some wage money. I hope that does not see us going after players we really don't value.

Don't get me wrong - given the performances of the boys we have signed i am still optimistic, but undoubtably this has been more difficult than even our management likely thought.

Why don't we give Moshiri longer than one transfer window (with a whole new managerial team) before we judge him, eh @Tubey? At the moment it's making you seem desperate to dislike him for something. I'd say he's done a pretty good job so far.
I'm very happy with Morshiri, he has done the most important aspect of his job since coming here, everything else is a bonus.

Ah these players that we've signed must not be taking a wage then

Saying we have spent "nothing" is either ridiculously naive or just plain stupid

No, it's actually fact. Pienaar/Hibbert/Osman/Howard wages all off the books, pretty much everything evened out at this stage.

The Manager and his assistant have gone on record more than once about the slow transfer cadence conducted by the club. The manager himself went on record only recently to suggest that he needs to sells the vision better which I think was a backhanded slap to the club that they are not doing that correctly themselves.

It,s a been a very poor transfer window to date and I suspect we are nowhere near where we should be wrt to the managers expectations thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back