Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I'm doing...

And "attacking" who? What have I done to "attack" someone? If anything, it's the other way around - for example, you are the one here on the attack.

The fact you say the club are keeping everything internal is exactly my point - we know nothing, so we should temper expectations until we know something!

What's with the "we" in your post - if you want to temper your expectations then that's fine....doesn't mean everyone else must do they same or else they're wrong.

Can you answer me this? Why could we suddenly spend almost £30m on Bolasie and £12m on Williams once Stones had gone, but couldn't pull the trigger on a major transfer beforehand? Doesn't that raise the slightest doubt in your mind about where we are financially?

Because it does for me. Doubts, not "Moshiri is a fraud WAH" levels of doubt, but doubt nevertheless.

What is the shocking crime of having a bit of caution as to what's going on, given what we have seen with a completely wasted July and the transfer window rapidly coming to an end?

Whats the point in bringing this up now, incessantly on a Transfer rumors thread, instead of 8 days from now?

What's with the "we" in your post - if you want to temper your expectations then that's fine....doesn't mean everyone else must do they same or else they're wrong.

No actually, I'm saying, outright, that we, the fans, all of us, know nothing about Everton's finances. Because of that, we should use our bloody brains and acknowledge we know nothing, so wait before blindly making assumptions until we know something.

I'm not saying you're wrong if you believe Moshiri will suddenly make it rain and we'll blow £150m on transfer deadline day or whatever, but what I'm saying is that, in my view, it's silly to expect that to happen, because you are coming to that conclusion based on nothing.

It's now 23 August and to all extents and purposes we've barely spent a penny in a season with a record TV deal. With that in mind, I'll refer to my original point - Moshiri hasn't spent anything yet. Just saying.

Remember at the start of the transfer window reports emerged that we'd enquired about buying the then £40m rated J Hart?
Now reports are saying we're unwilling to pay his wages on a loan. A negotiation tactic perhaps but also a clear example that the £100m net transfer budget was exaggerated and when a couple of itk's claimed we had far more than that it was just fantasy.
I still expect we'll sign Koné and a couple more and end up with a much improved squad and manager so I'm very grateful and optimistic. Perhaps if expectations hadn't benn raised to such unrealistic levels more would feel the same way.

Still squad members. and senior ones who most other clubs would have had as first team players to a certain degree. If they couldn't contribute and were still part of the squad then that it down to the manager to have not replaced them /signed them in the first place.

The squad is still 7 senior players down come june, with only 4 players brought in. If we bring a further 3 then we have just filled the squad again, balance the squad at the same time and that is where the strength will come into play with more squad able to actually play.

We've cleared some of the deadwood so that the new trees can grow

More chances for Davies Holgate etc will more than make up for the loss

Holgates already made more appearances than Hibbo last year

Remember at the start of the transfer window reports emerged that we'd enquired about buying the then £40m rated J Hart?
Now reports are saying we're unwilling to pay his wages on a loan. A negotiation tactic perhaps but also a clear example that the £100m net transfer budget was exaggerated and when a couple of itk's claimed we had far more than that it was just fantasy.
I still expect we'll sign Koné and a couple more and end up with a much improved squad and manager so I'm very grateful and optimistic. Perhaps if expectations hadn't benn raised to such unrealistic levels more would feel the same way.

It's not though, just as bidding £30m for Hart wouldn't confirm it.

It just means we're not prepared to pay what City are asking right now for a certain player. Nothing more.

Can you answer me this? Why could we suddenly spend almost £30m on Bolasie and £12m on Williams once Stones had gone, but couldn't pull the trigger on a major transfer beforehand? Doesn't that raise the slightest doubt in your mind about where we are financially?

Because it does for me. Doubts, not "Moshiri is a fraud WAH" levels of doubt, but doubt nevertheless.

What is the shocking crime of having a bit of caution as to what's going on, given what we have seen with a completely wasted July and the transfer window rapidly coming to an end?

The wasted July was mostly down to the fact that the manager didn't meet a lot of his squad until mid July and our new DOF didn't join til the 21st

Because the transfer window doesn't consist of solely Jim White adorned in a yellow tie mate.
So you are going to refuse to answer the question, because you know you dont have a good answer to it. Again, whats the point in bringing this up now, incessantly on a Transfer rumors thread, instead of 8 days from now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back