Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd have to be more than an announcement of intention. That isn't good enough.
i mean a proper announcement mate, actually say we are going to build the stadium here so to speak. Location isn't really of great importance to me, preferably the docks is my first choice though.

But yeah, a little bit long the lines of spades in the ground comments made by them lot, except we actually have the intention of doing it.

You honestly think that today our squad is worse than Stoke, West Ham and Southampton?
on thw whole yes because of the lack of balance in it still.

You can pick out the odd player and say they are better but on the whole i wouldn't say so. Consdering both teams outperformed us for 2 years as well! Only team that is up for debate is stoke on that front as they have a good team but a poor squad.

But yeah, if you take a step back and look at the lack of striking options, CMs who may struggle to play the role (gibson/cleverley), one right back, 3 centre halves (not including holgate in that as he won't oust anyone now). We have finally got the left sided mid, we have got competition in goal but once you pick up a couple of injuries or suspensions then it is the squad balance which then comes into effect.

imagine if Esk was right all along and we did?

Bought kone, Lucas, the right back and then brought in mata. how much better would we be? Same as if we got the loan of hart as well on deadline day, i would argue our team would be better than them lot over the park certainly and better than southampton/west ham/stoke/Leicester so that is a lot of ground we could make up if we get results.

I would argue we would be at least as strong as any of the clubs apart from the 2 Manchester ones.

Arsenal and Chelsea look unbalanced so far.

All ifs, buts and maybes at this stage, but with a couple of additions we could be a real threat.

I would argue we would be at least as strong as any of the clubs apart from the 2 Manchester ones.

Arsenal and Chelsea look unbalanced so far.

All ifs, buts and maybes at this stage, but with a couple of additions we could be a real threat.
I agree, strength in balance and considering the system is still in it's infant stages, we can only improve on what we have seen so far!

So, anyone got Debbie Koeman's number?

Cqpd7fdW8AEKXKM.jpg

Well, hello...

on thw whole yes because of the lack of balance in it still.

You can pick out the odd player and say they are better but on the whole i wouldn't say so. Consdering both teams outperformed us for 2 years as well! Only team that is up for debate is stoke on that front as they have a good team but a poor squad.

But yeah, if you take a step back and look at the lack of striking options, CMs who may struggle to play the role (gibson/cleverley), one right back, 3 centre halves (not including holgate in that as he won't oust anyone now). We have finally got the left sided mid, we have got competition in goal but once you pick up a couple of injuries or suspensions then it is the squad balance which then comes into effect.
I think you over estimate the quality of some of the depth players for those teams. For example who is really going to do a job for West Ham if Noble and Kouyate aren't in? Also what if Fonte or Van Dijk are out for Southampton? We have the same problem obviously bit that's why the squads are pretty close. Neither of those teams is clearly better than us

Clubs do not have transfer budget, war chests and kitties
If anyone tries to tell you “big club x” has “y amount” to spend they are likely talking nonsense. Ask them to show their work on how they arrived at that number.

As we just discussed, there’s a lot more that goes into player costs than transfer fees. Unless the number being offered up clearly includes wages (which is more than half of the equation), and ideally at least a nod towards agent fees and image rights payments, you can safely disregard it as not reflective of that club’s available resources to bolster its squad.

from the article that mouts goat just posted
I bet you weren't making these points at the start of the window.

imagine if Esk was right all along and we did?

Bought kone, Lucas, the right back and then brought in mata. how much better would we be? Same as if we got the loan of hart as well on deadline day, i would argue our team would be better than them lot over the park certainly and better than southampton/west ham/stoke/Leicester so that is a lot of ground we could make up if we get results.
Yeah we'd be amazing! But it looks rather unlikely. I'll be the first in the line to suck him off if all his wild predictions bear fruit though.

I bet you weren't making these points at the start of the window.

What about net spend?

I don't care about what is spent or if it's from player sales or Moshiri investing £100mil outright.

I care that the players we do bring in improve us.

That has been my stance all along.

Yes, I'd love us to have spent £50mil and not to have sold Stones, but realistically that was never gonna happen.

Now, at least, we're not in the position where money brought into the club from player sales isn't been put back into the playing squad.

There will be more deals done and we will be trying to do business.

There's more to a football club than just transfers.

(Also, re-read my post - I just shared the article that Mout originally posted)

Mate that's not me that's written it it's from the guardian article Mout qposted a few pages back, as I said.

I never believed the £100mil 'warchest' - and that has been my stance all along (anybody who has enough time can check should they so wish) since the beginning of the window.

I believed Moshiri invested heavily in the club as an overall project (probably around £100mil). Part of that was to pay off debt, part to go to the new stadium plans, part to go towards coaching staff/Walsh, part transfers.

Edit: Also, Moshiri really has invested his own money mate. £100mil isn't a drop in the ocean - even to somebody as rich as he is.

We are in a position where we don't have to skimp in that the Stones money hasn't been used to cover one signing plus 'other operating costs' or debts. That's down to Moshiri.

I don't get why people are so angry at that?

*And it isn't sell to buy either. We have money to spend and so far, based on figures widely reported

Stones OUT - £47m (£7m to Barnsley so £40m)

IN
Bolasie - £23-25mil up front
Williams £9-12mil up front depending on who you believe
Gana - £7.8mil
Stek - nominal, say £200k to round it up to £8m for him and Gueye.

We're already up, admittedly not by much, and there will be business done.
Of course Stones and the TV money is covering other operating costs. What do you call paying out for Koeman and Walsh etc?

We would be no different under Kenwright. At best the debt is on better terms and we have access to funding to build a stadium but that's about it.

Moshiri is an an accountant and you can see it how he's running us. He's essentially moving money around and making the situation slightly better.

All the nonsense at the start of the window was hype by people who should have known better.

Why does that matter?
Because he's a happy clapper for Moshiri and has been defending him all window.

His constant moving the goal posts is annoying and frankly while I don't have a major problem with Moshiri as Anyone was better than Kenwright but he should just leave people to have a moan. No more wait until the season, you'll see blah blah rubbish. It is what it is.

I thought Everton were going to spend big this window. Everton fans have reason to be hopeful under Koeman but could we with being a bit more ambitious. Not sure how real intentions were if you are not prepared to pay the wages for top players.

I thought Everton were going to spend big this window. Everton fans have reason to be hopeful under Koeman but could we with being a bit more ambitious. Not sure how real intentions were if you are not prepared to pay the wages for top players.
Don't know where you've been mate the last two months...posting this.
We've been ambitious targeting talented footballers, offering them wages that match their status and beyond.
We've been rejected by these footballers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back