Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is been piped down?

We've sold Stones and that has allowed us to not only pay the (somewhat extortionate) fee for Bolasie, but also pay him a reported 90k p/wk, Williams 70k, and any other signings we do bring in i'm sure will be on big wages as well?
Does not = >£7M increase with our other outgoings. We'll see in 6 days if we break that barrier. As I have said before I hope we do (on the right players).

Does not = >£7M increase with our other outgoings. We'll see in 6 days if we break that barrier. As I have said before I hope we do (on the right players).

Here's a magical thought; what if "the right players" don't fancy coming here, I mean it's their decision. Then we'd be back at square 1, you moaning at the club for not signing anyone, or option 2 you moaning at the club for just signing anyone and wasting money because they're not right

Win win for your argument

I call them the clap clap clap brigade. The types that stood up clapping for the asset stripper kenwright, can't have any negative comments about the club, and will label any slight dissenter as a kopite. They are part of the reason why we are in such a long term slump.

It's got nothing to do with that tbh.

I got called a clap clapper earlier (not by you Tim I might add, and despite our disagreements on here I do respect your opinion, though I do think you've won the award for biggest bet wetter this summer by some distance), but I just don't 'expect' instant success and overnight changes.

Maybe that's more fool on me but I'm realistic, and as well as being realistic in my appraisals of the club or the player or manager I also try to be realistic in terms of my criticisms of them as well.

For the last few weeks you've had a pop at the club at every opportunity for promises (that you have literally based on nothing but conjecture) not been kept, and quite frankly I just find it a little strange, as well as the fact that you seem to have been acting like the window shut a few weeks ago and no business can or will be done late on...

The first window for Moshiri, Koeman, Walsh etc etc, with Koeman and Walsh in particular having inherited an imbalanced squad, albeit one that does have quality that needed fully assessing before jumping into any deals (this isn't conjecture, Koeman himself said this after the Spurs game).

Do you not think it's sensible to wait until next Thursday to fully pass judgement, when the dust has settled, on what has by anybody's standards a reasonable window so far...

"I told you all we should have had more faith in Roberto"
tend to agree Brennan. Better the devil you know I guess. If I could reverse Roberto's sacking and reinstate him as Everton's manager, I would not waste a second in doing so.
I still believe that too many of us (and I am guilty here), too quickly forgot that he got us to 72 points and consistently had us in a good moment of our football, arrogantly going eye to eye with opponents.
He will be phenomenal for Belgium.
#forgiveus Bobby

It's got nothing to do with that tbh.

I got called a clap clapper earlier (not by you Tim I might add, and despite our disagreements on here I do respect your opinion, though I do think you've won the award for biggest bet wetter this summer by some distance), but I just don't 'expect' instant success and overnight changes.

Maybe that's more fool on me but I'm realistic, and as well as being realistic in my appraisals of the club or the player or manager I also try to be realistic in terms of my criticisms of them as well.

For the last few weeks you've had a pop at the club at every opportunity for promises (that you have literally based on nothing but conjecture) not been kept, and quite frankly I just find it a little strange, as well as the fact that you seem to have been acting like the window shut a few weeks ago and no business can or will be done late on...

The first window for Moshiri, Koeman, Walsh etc etc, with Koeman and Walsh in particular having inherited an imbalanced squad, albeit one that does have quality that needed fully assessing before jumping into any deals (this isn't conjecture, Koeman himself said this after the Spurs game).

Do you not think it's sensible to wait until next Thursday to fully pass judgement, when the dust has settled, on what has by anybody's standards a reasonable window so far...

It's just groundhog day tho isn't it. I'm not saying we're miles off. I actually think we're quite close despite my grumpy mood swings. But that's why I'm massively frustrated. We can really do something here this week and bridge the gap between us and those above us. 2/3 quality signings and we can compete at the top end. But we've been here before, a number of times, and we just don't seem to ever grasp an opportunity. Throw a bit of caution to the wind for once, don't just accept bog standard mediocrity and make something happen. Just wish we'd finally get it right.

There's a handful who are seemingly rubbing their hands at the prospect of the window ending as a damp squib as opposed to the fireworks display that had become the expectation

Dat new lad is a fraud yanno, where's the Stones money Farhad lad.

It's a if they can't wait to see perceived failure.
That precise argument can be used to demean any concern in any circumstance.
Here's a magical thought; what if "the right players" don't fancy coming here, I mean it's their decision. Then we'd be back at square 1, you moaning at the club for not signing anyone, or option 2 you moaning at the club for just signing anyone and wasting money because they're not right

Win win for your argument
How do I win here exactly? I want this club to be successful. I am disappointed in the transfer strategy as it appears at the moment (I hope the situation changes in the next few days, if course) and used a fans forum to express that concern. What exactly is a forum for if you expect everyone to express the same viewpoint? "Everything is fine" "Yes, I agree" "Me too". That would be some riveting stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back