Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones wanted to go, he wanted to go last year. People are forgetting that koeman stated he told the club to hold off transfers until he'd assessed the squad. He did that, primary targets failed to materialise.

I think a lot of people underestimate our squad, it was an unfit, unorganised mess last year. A bit if structure and increased fitness and we'll have no problem challenging for Europe. A couple of more additions will only increase out likelihood.

There will be more incoming, our manager knows this and we'll be stringer come the end if the windiw
I hope that you're right and I agree our squad is better than 11th. I think our top 6 credentials will depend on who comes in in the next 6 days and, as you have said, recruitment has been challenging so far. Fingers crossed.

Really not sure what the point of selling Stones is if we aren't able to get in players to use for that vaunted STCC. Surely there would have been some indicators from the supposed targets whether or not they were interested. Just a bit boggling that they all say 'sure', we supposedly go over the top with wages and then, for no apparent reason, they turn us down.

We are getting Kone aren't we? So that's Kone and Williams for Stones at centre back, you see I'm happy with that.

Can't help feeling most people on here took a certain moderator on here's words as gospel, myself included. I think if he hadn't insinuated we were about to sign all kinds of superstars then the whole place wouldn't have such a downbeat feeling to it.

I personally am very optimistic for the future with Moshiri but can't help feeling, and I appreciate it doesn't close till Wednesday, a little underwhelmed by this summers window

Can't help feeling most people on here took a certain moderator on here's words as gospel, myself included. I think if he hadn't insinuated we were about to sign all kinds of superstars then the whole place wouldn't have such a downbeat feeling to it.

I personally am very optimistic for the future with Moshiri but can't help feeling, and I appreciate it doesn't close till Wednesday, a little underwhelmed by this summers window

A perfectly reasonable post IMO, but expect to be slated..

Lets assume we sold Stones to sell to buy, do you consider trading John Stones for Stickle, Gana, Williams and Bolasie a decent trade?

I do, for the record.
It may be, but, with the exception of Williams, we'll have to see. Honestly, I can't recall seeing Gana play last year. I know that I did, but I can't remember it. No one has seen Stek play for ages, because he didn't play. And Bolasie is super inconsistent. They have all looked decent for us so far but we won't know until Christmas if that is a new club bounce or unleashed potential. Hope it's the latter.

Lets assume we sold Stones to sell to buy, do you consider trading John Stones for Stickle, Gana, Williams and Bolasie a decent trade?

I do, for the record.
I see what you are saying and I agree more or less(still not sold on Bolasie), but that wasn't really my point. More along the lines of 'we wouldn't bid for players unless we had some contact with their agent that they were at least agreeable to hear us out'. And since all reports say we are paying massive wages, it's just a bit peculiar that all of the players abroad are shooting us down even tho we would be paying massively above what they are getting now. It's not like they would not have known where we stood the last couple years. These kind of things are talked about before bids are even made.

Just doesn't make sense. This isn't an indictment of anyone, almost all of the players we'd been linked to, in one form or another, had confirmation that a bid was made/accepted and terms were mostly agreed upon. Then..they all turned back for whatever reason.

It may be, but, with the exception of Williams, we'll have to see. Honestly, I can't recall seeing Gana play last year. I know that I did, but I can't remember it. No one has seen Stek play for ages, because he didn't play. And Bolasie is super inconsistent. They have all looked decent for us so far but we won't know until Christmas if that is a new club bounce or unleashed potential. Hope it's the latter.

I said to my boy Browns earlier, its like we are collecting inconsistent wingers, re. Bahrimi, maybe thats a good thing, Ronny can see whos up for it on the Friday and pick the 1 who shines the most.

Stickle played loads for Southampton last season to be fair, but I concede I honestly have never take any notice of him till now and I, like everybody else no doubt, watched that World Cup Final he played in, Gana has also played against us 4 times now and yes, never took any notice, but ive been massively impressed with all 3 so far, Williams looked an utter monster in the Euros, I gotta admit ive never really rated him highly before then.

So yes, 6months is the fair assessment of all new signings, if they all looked rubbish no doubt the "give them 6months" shouts would be out, so to be fair, lets see where they are in 6months.

As it stands, today, I think we did good business.

Shut up Zat, Koubs is an utter clown on rollerskates.

I do, for the record.
Depends on how good Gana end up being.

Presently, no. I'll take the player with the potential to be one of the best of his generation rather than a group of solid, dependable performers, even if I think the business improves us in the short term (it does).

It's a good deal today, and if we spend loads more next season on the back of finishing 4th-6th, it's good business overall. But if this gamble doesn't pay off and we're watching John Stones lift trophies for the next decade while we plug away finishing between 6th and 10th for that time? Bad deal, and an entirely possible future.

That said, I'd probably take the risk too, we need this season to be a statement, not another year of tantalizing potential and that requires players that are currently in their prime...but we'll probably still bemoan losing John Stones in 5 years time. Unless Gana keeps being the real deal, that would soften the blow.

Depends on how good Gana end up being.

Presently, no. I'll take the player with the potential to be one of the best of his generation rather than a group of solid, dependable performers, even if I think the business improves us in the short term (it does).

It's a good deal today, and if we spend loads more next season on the back of finishing 4th-6th, it's good business overall. But if this gamble doesn't pay off and we're watching John Stones lift trophies for the next decade while we plug away finishing between 6th and 10th for that time? Bad deal, and an entirely possible future.

That said, I'd probably take the risk too, we need this season to be a statement, not another year of tantalizing potential and that requires players that are currently in their prime...but we'll probably still bemoan losing John Stones in 5 years time. Unless Gana keeps being the real deal, that would soften the blow.

John Stones and City will win trophies, the question should be, would John Stones benefit Everton more than the 4 players we replaced him with in 2016/17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back