Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
That precise argument can be used to demean any concern in any circumstance. Wor

How do I win here exactly? I want this club to be successful. I am disappointed in the transfer strategy as it appears at the moment (I hope the situation changes in the next few days, if course) and used a fans forum to express that concern. What exactly is a forum for if you expect everyone to express the same viewpoint? "Everything is fine" "Yes, I agree" "Me too". That would be some riveting stuff.

Well you're saying that the window has been disappointing and we haven't spent the money, without taking into account that these quality player may not want to come here

You've then said you only want the club to purchase "the right players".

Point still stands, what if these players don't want to come here. Do you want us to just buy anyone?.or keep the current squad?? Whatever your answer is you'll still complain about it

I call them the clap clap clap brigade. The types that stood up clapping for the asset stripper kenwright, can't have any negative comments about the club, and will label any slight dissenter as a kopite. They are part of the reason why we are in such a long term slump.

The more pragmatic can see it for what it is. The impatient bed wetting "we demand it now" generation are laughable to us.

Blaming paying match goers for us not winning the league in the age of oil clubs and the CL gravy train creating a chasm for years between them and the rest is truly hilarious.

Salmon pink?

raw

It's just groundhog day tho isn't it. I'm not saying we're miles off. I actually think we're quite close despite my grumpy mood swings. But that's why I'm massively frustrated. We can really do something here this week and bridge the gap between us and those above us. 2/3 quality signings and we can compete at the top end. But we've been here before, a number of times, and we just don't seem to ever grasp an opportunity. Throw a bit of caution to the wind for once, don't just accept bog standard mediocrity and make something happen. Just wish we'd finally get it right.

And i'll agree with you should we be in the same position this time next week (although we've got a good squad and much better manager it could feel like a missed opportunity)

But until then we might as well just sit back and wait for the dust to settle

Jamie Vardy
Ngolo Kante
Idrissa gueye

they are obvious ones

I could go on and on.

I also hate to break to you that from what I've seen on here and across other boards over the years

I include bluekipper in that by the way...

That you sir are absolutely clueless

Have a good day

Infamy, infamy! They've all got it infamy.

Well you're saying that the window has been disappointing and we haven't spent the money, without taking into account that these quality player may not want to come here

You've then said you only want the club to purchase "the right players".

Point still stands, what if these players don't want to come here. Do you want us to just buy anyone?.or keep the current squad?? Whatever your answer is you'll still complain about it
I would have hoped we would have concluded more of our transfer business, however far down our list of targets we needed to go, before selling our biggest asset. If he got the huff about that, tough. I am particularly disheartened if the sale of Stones was primarily a mechanism to increase wages in light of STCC, I have no idea if that was the reason and I do not believe there is a single poster on this forum who knows for sure either, and then we either fail to increase the wage bill by close to that surplus or do so by paying crazy wages to middling players. I would have kept Stones rather than do that. Even if that made him a bit grumpy.

In direct answer to your questions. I do not want to just sign anyone. I would have rather kept the squad we had prior to the Stones sale with a few, maybe less glamorous signings, that would have been accomodatable under our old wage structure + £7M if it was clear we could not attract a higher quality of player.

We have gaps in our squad. At centre back, in central midfield and up front (and probably in nets too). That makes me unhappy, I'm sorry if that irritates you.

I would have hoped we would have concluded more of our transfer business, however far down our list of targets we needed to go, before selling our biggest asset. If he got the huff about that, tough. I am particularly disheartened if the sale of Stones was primarily a mechanism to increase wages in light of STCC, I have no idea if that was the reason and I do not believe there is a single poster on this forum who knows for sure either, and then we either fail to increase the wage bill by close to that surplus or do so by paying crazy wages to middling players. I would have kept Stones rather than do that. Even if that made him a bit grumpy.

In direct answer to your questions. I do not want to just sign anyone. I would have rather kept the squad we had prior to the Stones sale with a few, maybe less glamorous signings, that would have been accomodatable under our old wage structure + £7M if it was clear we could not attract a higher quality of player.

We have gaps in our squad. At centre back, in central midfield and up front (and probably in nets too). That makes me unhappy, I'm sorry if that irritates you.

Stones wanted to go, he wanted to go last year. People are forgetting that koeman stated he told the club to hold off transfers until he'd assessed the squad. He did that, primary targets failed to materialise.

I think a lot of people underestimate our squad, it was an unfit, unorganised mess last year. A bit if structure and increased fitness and we'll have no problem challenging for Europe. A couple of more additions will only increase out likelihood.

There will be more incoming, our manager knows this and we'll be stringer come the end if the windiw

Really not sure what the point of selling Stones is if we aren't able to get in players to use for that vaunted STCC. Surely there would have been some indicators from the supposed targets whether or not they were interested. Just a bit boggling that they all say 'sure', we supposedly go over the top with wages and then, for no apparent reason, they turn us down.

Really not sure what the point of selling Stones is if we aren't able to get in players to use for that vaunted STCC. Surely there would have been some indicators from the supposed targets whether or not they were interested. Just a bit boggling that they all say 'sure', we supposedly go over the top with wages and then, for no apparent reason, they turn us down.

Lets assume we sold Stones to sell to buy, do you consider trading John Stones for Stickle, Gana, Williams and Bolasie a decent trade?

I do, for the record.

Not really?

Germany can only cap one goal keeper per game and they cap the same one?!

So the fact he isn't international number one means nothing. What about Andy vole and Matt let tissier? Top strikers in their day hardly played international football?

You are chatting on mate I'm sorry. Best goalkeeper in the world keeping another out? Must he crap then #zatlogic

You really cant stop twisting my posts can you?

Have another read...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back