Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
But as you have said in another thread, that is precisely the problem. If this was Kenwright's Everton this window would have been slightly above par, with a spend rate within expectation. But it's Moshiri's Everton, where things will never be the same again and world superstars will sign on mega wages paid for by the Stones transfer. As a consequence it's all been a bit deflating.

And I totally agree, im very deflated currently, still got some hope we will move heaven and earth in the next few days, but it hasnt gone as it went in my dreams, even my realistic 1s.

Nar, he hates us, he wanted out and nothing we could have done would have changed his mind.
If that is true, and I don't think it is, then we were right to jib him off. Hating the team who took a punt on a lower league lad, made him an England international and a millionaire seems unlikely though. Frustrated, yes. Hate filled, surely not.

If that is true, and I don't think it is, then we were right to jib him off. Hating the team who took a punt on a lower league lad, made him an England international and a millionaire seems unlikely though. Frustrated, yes. Hate filled, surely not.

Im sure he doesnt hate us, but he really didnt wish to be here any longer, I think thats pretty clear.

I do not think anyone is saying Stones won't be a very fine footballer. But developing that talent, unfortunately, is a luxury not available to EFC at the very moment. Our diminished status in the eyes of the high echelon footballers has been made apparent this window. We need 'runs on the board' in the very near...not in 3 or 4 seasons' time.

Wasn't he abused to the point of tears by some Evertonians in a rest stop last summer?

I do not think anyone is saying Stones won't be a very fine footballer. But developing that talent, unfortunately, is a luxury not available to EFC at the very moment. Our diminished status in the eyes of the high echelon footballers has been made apparent this window. We need 'runs on the board' in the very near...not in 3 or 4 seasons' time.
We need to get to that point at some stage though. We can't sell our best players every summer and expect to kick on. At some point, maybe not now, we have to break this cycle or we will be condemned to mediocrity in perpetuity.

We need to get to that point at some stage though. We can't sell our best players every summer and expect to kick on. At some point, maybe not now, we have to break this cycle or we will be condemned to mediocrity in perpetuity.
agreed. I've used this analogy before but it holds true: sometimes, to win a long game of chess, a short term sacrifice must be made. As long as you win the long game, that sacrifice is a pragmatic tactic.
But, as you imply, you cannot win a game constantly making sacrifices.

Wasn't he abused to the point of tears by some Evertonians in a rest stop last summer?
I was at that match (not at the services, mind) and there were some cretins giving him grief before, during and after the game which was regrettable. I do wonder why he put in a transfer request the day before a game against his old team and why Bobby Brown Shoes played him after he did. He got a lot of support after that though.

The pragmatics that govern Everton for the right here and now kind of insisted that we had to make a trade-off, and that to move ahead, we had to (as per chess analogy) make a player sacrifice to do that
This is what we have done.
Have we done that though mate for the sacrifice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back