Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't mean Del won't play though mate.

I'm sure he'll get plenty of game time.

And so @Blue Cheese doesn't fret ( ;) ) - that's just my opinion
JmXzE.gif

It's weird that Farhad put out that statement and since there's been nothing close to finalising. He's almost hung himself out to dry. It's bizarre and amateurish. If the money is there then use. I don't give a damn about bloody January.

Lad, what right have you, a 23 year old with no experience of life, to call a self made billionaire amateurish? Wind your bloody neck in and take your futile negativity somewhere else. There's nothing you won't see as useless about everton is there?

It's weird that Farhad put out that statement and since there's been nothing close to finalising. He's almost hung himself out to dry. It's bizarre and amateurish. If the money is there then use. I don't give a damn about bloody January.

The only thing bizarre here is your post. So in essence, "just spend the money"? Give your head a wobble for god's sake.

I'm not pro-club.

I think we should have done better in the window.

But I don't see the need to be overly negative, dramatic and actually, never actually happy with the club I support.

I watch football (and sport in general) for enjoyment and entertainment.

I've never actually seen you post anything positive on here so I do wonder what you actually get out of it?[/QUOTE]

Could be asked of quite a few posters on here. Bizarrely dull and dumb way to spend your time

That's a huge statement. How did you back it up?

That's a far reach, mate. From "I think these players will improve us" to "nobody can deny we're stronger".

There's no evidence we're stronger than last season as the players we've signed aren't top players from top clubs. We've signed three strong players from middling clubs (and one relegated club) and a keeper who was 2nd-choice at over-achieving small-time charlies.

We've lost our very own Franz Beckenbauer, and also lost four squad stalwarts who were deffo over the hill but still were a known reliable option last season.

As ever, time will tell. But right now we're a long way from "nobody can deny".

Franz beckenbaur? Seriously? He was costing us points mate... And not one or two ... And since when does where a player comes from mean he is crap? All players we have signed are better NOW than the ones they replaced ... From the 4 players we have lost... How many actually would get into a prem team? Hubert? Lol osman? They contributed nothing for a few years now... Howard has always been sub standard IMO even at Man U... He literally cost us about 10-15 points last year... He was terrible ... Has basically something in the goal for the strikers to try and aim round ... That's all.. A scare crow would have won us as many points as he did. If he was still no 1 we would probably be on zero points at this stage...

We wouldn't have had 4 points from those games last year... I know we did draw with Spurs last year at home and I know we come back to beat wba.... But the manner in which we dig in at Spurs to get something ( basically the improved keeper ) and the way the keeper again made important saves against brom... The way mirrallas is applying himself... The fact that we don't have to play cleverly in cm ... The fact that we were so weak at the back last year and were crying out for a Williams type of player.. Of corse someone can deny we aren't better ... But those people are blind IMO... Martinez would have taken us to the championship or close to it this year IMO... Lukaku wouldn't be staying, mirrallas wouldn't be playing... And Barkley would have been about 20 stone. We had no plan B last year... This year we have already seen that we do... Against brom our plan A was not working so we changed ... And won... You may deny we are not more balanced and that our signings havnt improved us.... But that's your choice... But I honestly cannot fathom how anyone cannot see an improvement already ....

Were behind at WBA and went on to win...drew with spurs.

Under Martinez....same as koeman.

Were behind at WBA and went on to win...drew with spurs.

Under Martinez....same as koeman.

I mentioned that I am aware of that... But we wouldn't have gotten anything this season ... Not the way the games panned out... Howard wouldn't have made those saves... The whole squad didn't want to play for him... We would have zero point this year if Howard was in goal IMO...

As I said last night whilst we chased deals at the beginning of the summer there's been a fundamental shift, whether that's Walsh's influence or Koeman or both we're being selective despite the pressure to add. It seems everything has to be right for the deal to take place given what we've walked away from.

We can only benefit from that in the long term, and it means the people we have brought in and will bring in are the ones we want rather than just because they are available.

My post wasn't meant as a personal attack on @BlueToff sometimes hard to find the right words to put across. I quite like Toff, all I was doing was countering his positivity with a dose of scepticism, and having a playful dig. It's all good.

Thanks for your input and maybe you should say whats on your mind more. I like to think i see both sides nothing wrong in that.
No worries mate. I read it differently but therein lies the problem with the written word.

I'm a glass half full person myself, which is how I feel right now towards the current transfer window. That could change by next Thursday of course (either way). More than happy to exchange views and light hearted arguments with glass half empty folk. It's the empty glass guys that get me down sometimes. Toff, at times, does appear to have an overflowing glass, but given the amount of negativity around, especially in this thread, I think that helps the overall balance. Don't think I've ever seen such a polarised thread, possibly brought about by peoples differing expectations following Mosh's takeover.

Brahimi?

Kind of a creative winger really - if that makes sense.

A bit like Pienaar but maybe a bit more direct/quick.

My colleague here in work is a Porto fan and the way he describes him doesn't make him seem like the playmaker we need at all.

Head down, sometimes overly selfish, direct and a bit dumb. Sounded more like an another Mirallas to me.

I want a playmaker, so on your Transfer Window Rating scale in which you gave it 6/10 I would have to give it -411 out of 10. A lot of ground to make up there after selling Beckenbauer and still not having our Mata/Silva/Pienaar type player. I'll review it again on Wed night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back