Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed that the likelihood is that Koeman stays 2-3 years only, though I hope and expect Walsh to be here for the long-haul, and have a big input in the appointment of any other managers in the future.

Would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in relation to Koeman's feelings on how the window has gone to date. To be honest, I can't see him being exactly overjoyed right now, but I hope we have a decent end to the window for morale purposes as well as of course making the necessary signings.

It's weird that Farhad put out that statement and since there's been nothing close to finalising. He's almost hung himself out to dry. It's bizarre and amateurish. If the money is there then use. I don't give a damn about bloody January.

Nonsense, give to me or I will cry mentality is what's wrong with some people these days like we should sign all our targets.

YOU CAN FORCE A FOOTBALLER TO SIGN !!!!!!!

Hes played in all of those positions. He couldnt get into their side as a forward due to higuain.
Just because he's been played there doesn't mean he's any good at them. Kone has played on the wings, doesn't mean he's a winger or any good there.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!

Ronald Koeman has been caught letting slip about who we will be signing on deadline day!!!!

tumblr_o4yb5pc05R1tlc3zvo4_400.gif

That's a huge statement. How did you back it up?

That's a far reach, mate. From "I think these players will improve us" to "nobody can deny we're stronger".

There's no evidence we're stronger than last season as the players we've signed aren't top players from top clubs. We've signed three strong players from middling clubs (and one relegated club) and a keeper who was 2nd-choice at over-achieving small-time charlies.

We've lost our very own Franz Beckenbauer, and also lost four squad stalwarts who were deffo over the hill but still were a known reliable option last season.

As ever, time will tell. But right now we're a long way from "nobody can deny".

We wouldn't have had 4 points from those games last year... I know we did draw with Spurs last year at home and I know we come back to beat wba.... But the manner in which we dig in at Spurs to get something ( basically the improved keeper ) and the way the keeper again made important saves against brom... The way mirrallas is applying himself... The fact that we don't have to play cleverly in cm ... The fact that we were so weak at the back last year and were crying out for a Williams type of player.. Of corse someone can deny we aren't better ... But those people are blind IMO... Martinez would have taken us to the championship or close to it this year IMO... Lukaku wouldn't be staying, mirrallas wouldn't be playing... And Barkley would have been about 20 stone. We had no plan B last year... This year we have already seen that we do... Against brom our plan A was not working so we changed ... And won... You may deny we are not more balanced and that our signings havnt improved us.... But that's your choice... But I honestly cannot fathom how anyone cannot see an improvement already ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back