Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said last night whilst we chased deals at the beginning of the summer there's been a fundamental shift, whether that's Walsh's influence or Koeman or both we're being selective despite the pressure to add. It seems everything has to be right for the deal to take place given what we've walked away from.

We can only benefit from that in the long term, and it means the people we have brought in and will bring in are the ones we want rather than just because they are available.

Whether we've changed the way we go about our business or not. The fact is we still haven't spent a penny so far this summer.....and it's now to late to bring the quality or numbers in that we needed. And that is very worrying.

I dont think he's the type to suffer fools gladly, tbh. There's no way Koeman will be like Moyes and Martinez - putting up with the nonsense that goes on at this club.

I'd be amazed if he was here in a couple of seasons. If he makes a success of it - he'll want to kick on with a top European club or one of our Sky 4/5; if he's treading water he'll start pointing fingers and agitating for a fight and a pay-off.

This feller is a different kettle of fish to what we're used to.

Say what you want about Rafael Benitez he was the same,he didn't suffer fools
As I said last night whilst we chased deals at the beginning of the summer there's been a fundamental shift, whether that's Walsh's influence or Koeman or both we're being selective despite the pressure to add. It seems everything has to be right for the deal to take place given what we've walked away from.

We can only benefit from that in the long term, and it means the people we have brought in and will bring in are the ones we want rather than just because they are available.

Still think we will have a splatter of activity, there seems to be many managers who think they will complete from 3-5 deals?

Just hope we get in what's needed, everyone seems to vary on what they think we need but the 3 main ones for me, Striker, CB and a box to box midfielder.

No worries mate. I read it differently but therein lies the problem with the written word.

I'm a glass half full person myself, which is how I feel right now towards the current transfer window. That could change by next Thursday of course (either way). More than happy to exchange views and light hearted arguments with glass half empty folk. It's the empty glass guys that get me down sometimes. Toff, at times, does appear to have an overflowing glass, but given the amount of negativity around, especially in this thread, I think that helps the overall balance. Don't think I've ever seen such a polarised thread, possibly brought about by peoples differing expectations following Mosh's takeover.

It's just been a very crazy summer, I don't think folk handled expectations very well, hard to see what some were expecting given our last 2 seasons, I think a lot of people expected a Man City/Chelsea type splurge which was never going to happen. For me, I like what we have we need more but certainly a striker is a must.

I've been digging @BlueToff (tagged :p) about having splinters up his bum for a couple of weeks but by no means was I being vindictive with it.

Post more mate and get involved, god help us we need more sane people on here. ;)

Consdering his track record, i fully expect him to be gone in 2 years either way. Think it would have to take monumentus successfor him to stay any longer.

That is why i am not too bothered about who we sign as long as the squad is balanced and he makes us competitive.

Koeman walks after 2 years as per usual with the team either top 4 or top 6 then he has ultimately done a much better job than his predecessor and if we do have money like we are led to believe, i would imagine we could attract a better stock of manager and player in that scenario.
Presumably the Walsh appointment is designed to preserve continuity in that event. He just seems like a head scout to me like. Unless he has more input into how the style of the team takes shape tan has been cracked in so far.

Hes not good anywhere which was kind of my point.
He's a good striker mate, an elite finisher and has a wonderful goal per minute ratio.

The concerns on him is his strength when dribbling, ability to hold up the ball and his passing.

when you see the way city and chelsea waste money on some transfers ala mangala, otamendi and torres, i'm glad for a more cautious approach and learn from their mistakes.

Were behind at WBA and went on to win...drew with spurs.

Under Martinez....same as koeman.
Why is it you challenge any positives on here. Towards the end of RM he had clearly lost the players, here we are now with a new manager new ideas a solid start yet we compare to last season and somehow make it look that doom will strike again.

when you see the way city and chelsea waste money on some transfers ala mangala, otamendi and torres, i'm glad for a more cautious approach and learn from their mistakes.

We can learn from our own

Oumar-Niasse.jpg

Not wanting to start a big blown debate that has been had 100 times before. But one question for anyone. Factoring what is in front of us, not what they hope happen

considering Koeman said in the conference he hopes for one or two more. If those two were The dutch right back (2 million) and Begovic (7 million for example) and our net spend despite the takeover, despite selling a player for 47 million, despite the increased tv money was under 10 million.

Would you consider this window to be a failure?

Factoring how much income we have received technically and the fact we still would be lacking in certain areas. But at the same time the squad would be much more balanced with cover in most positions.

so yeah, any thoughts? Would questions have to be raised or would people be happy signing the players we have, from the clubs we have and not actually spending much surplus?

Not wanting to start a big blown debate that has been had 100 times before. But one question for anyone. Factoring what is in front of us, not what they hope happen

considering Koeman said in the conference he hopes for one or two more. If those two were The spanish right back (2 million) and Begovic (7 million for example) and our net spend despite the takeover, despite selling a player for 47 million, despite the increased tv money was under 10 million.

Would you consider this window to be a failure?

Factoring how much income we have received technically and the fact we still would be lacking in certain areas. But at the same time the squad would be much more balanced with cover in most positions.

so yeah, any thoughts? Would questions have to be raised or would people be happy signing the players we have, from the clubs we have and not actually spending much surplus?

What Spanish right back for £2m?!

Why is it you challenge any positives on here. Towards the end of RM he had clearly lost the players, here we are now with a new manager new ideas a solid start yet we compare to last season and somehow make it look that doom will strike again.

He didn't want Koeman and has got his head up his bum about it, no matter what happens @Zatara will not like it whilst Koeman is in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back