Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really am starting to swing towards only 1 or 2 in now. the way the window is going it just seems very anti climatic in all honesty. Even the likes of chelsea want marcus alonso, arsenal signing a 10th choice striker out of spite, Leicester the league champions want N'Zonzi etc

Just think that bar trading at the bottom of the league, i am not expecting much more business to be done in this window by many teams including us. Perhaps we have tried and failed to sign players so that is that, right back cover and new attacker and we focus on the season ahead instead?

Just curious, why do you tell yourself that you have to make a prediction on how many people will be signed? Like, what's the point (for any of us) in saying "at this point, I think we'll get X players in"? Isn't it okay to say we have no idea what's going to happen, and we're just going to see how it all plays out? I, for one, am excited to see the excitement/madness over the last few days of the window.

(Not having a go mind you, this is more of a philosophical question.)

We haven't got that sort of money, and it's not like we have signed anyone to even tempt to even to give it a second look.

Perhaps you missed the bit where I said 'imagine' twice o_O

We don't have a sniff without CL footy to offer and a first team wage structure based predominantly around 6 figure sums instead of 5.

SkyBet have us third favourites to sign James Rodriguez from Real at 18/1.

Imagine. Just imagine...
Not talking about Rodriguez specifically because, clearly wouldn't work with him.

But perhaps what we should have done this window is rather than sell a project to thiese players, give them one thing, a chance to be a star! Not kenwright star, sign them, paying them wages they want and give them the starring role in the team. Surely at least one great player would be open to that? If a club came along and said yes we will pay you 100 grand a week, and by signing for us you can be a star of the league rather than being overshadowed by others around you?

All fantasy like, but if it works in films, why not chance it? lol

Just curious, why do you tell yourself that you have to make a prediction on how many people will be signed? Like, what's the point (for any of us) in saying "at this point, I think we'll get X players in"? Isn't it okay to say we have no idea what's going to happen, and we're just going to see how it all plays out? I, for one, am excited to see the excitement/madness over the last few days of the window.

(Not having a go mind you, this is more of a philosophical question.)
philisophical wise.

to curb expectation. if i genuinley believe we are signing loads of players then don't it would be more crushing then the bonus of a third player arriving.

Don't get me wrong, in as postive as possible sort of way, i believe the worst in terms of signings. If i am wrong then brilliant, and if i am right, makes do difference to anything! lol

This isn't my view by the way mate, but I think the problem for some lads is, we've gone from Witsel, Mata, Carvahlo and Koulibaly, to three very solid additions to the squad.
If the players won't sign it's not Koeman's and Moshiri's fault, it's the clown with the brown shoes who's devalued the club's rep with poor league finishes.

We've out bid Chelski for Koulibaly, had a bid accepted by Zenit for Witsel, not much more we can do.

I'd rather strive for the best than applaud 25 years of garbage

You're not exactly striving for anything though are you? You are sitting on a football forum shouting "spend your money for my entertainment, and do it now!". We go to the game (even go abroad on a knees-up), debate it among ourselves and go on football forums. Even spend a load of money because we want to, but its still not exactly work is it? Anyone would think you were holding up the club with one hand while simultaneously kicking the ball in the back of net the way some go on.

Not talking about Rodriguez specifically because, clearly wouldn't work with him.

But perhaps what we should have done this window is rather than sell a project to thiese players, give them one thing, a chance to be a star! Not kenwright star, sign them, paying them wages they want and give them the starring role in the team. Surely at least one great player would be open to that? If a club came along and said yes we will pay you 100 grand a week, and by signing for us you can be a star of the league rather than being overshadowed by others around you?

All fantasy like, but if it works in films, why not chance it? lol

I always thought if we got one over the line more would follow, the worrying thing we haven't got one over the line.

The Witsel one annoys me the most out of them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back