Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought if we got one over the line more would follow, the worrying thing we haven't got one over the line.

The Witsel one annoys me the most out of them all.
and ironically he is the most liekely to have a u turn and actually sign for us!

I don't expect it but if the deal was there, he could potentially have an easier time agreeing to compared to the rest.

Doubt Zenit would sell him now anyway.

My colleague here in work is a Porto fan and the way he describes him doesn't make him seem like the playmaker we need at all.

Head down, sometimes overly selfish, direct and a bit dumb. Sounded more like an another Mirallas to me.

I want a playmaker, so on your Transfer Window Rating scale in which you gave it 6/10 I would have to give it -411 out of 10. A lot of ground to make up there after selling Beckenbauer and still not having our Mata/Silva/Pienaar type player. I'll review it again on Wed night.

Hes nothing like a playmaker...hes a dribbler.

Gets the ball and charges at goal.

He's a good striker mate, an elite finisher and has a wonderful goal per minute ratio.

The concerns on him is his strength when dribbling, ability to hold up the ball and his passing.

Opinions differ of course, i dont rate him at all.

Just curious, why do you tell yourself that you have to make a prediction on how many people will be signed? Like, what's the point (for any of us) in saying "at this point, I think we'll get X players in"? Isn't it okay to say we have no idea what's going to happen, and we're just going to see how it all plays out? I, for one, am excited to see the excitement/madness over the last few days of the window.

(Not having a go mind you, this is more of a philosophical question.)

That is an interesting question, indeed. Ultimately, we all have no choice anyway as to what pans out, other than to accept it, grudgingly, happily, or otherwise.

I am from a background were everything is counted, quantified, and analysed against original targets and benchmarks. For me personally, its second nature to view our overall transfer business in a "number of signings" mode. There is a wide array of opinion, some people think we need 2 more, others 5.

In football, its far more crude than other areas of business/science, but I hope and expect the club do a forensic analysis of the window when it is shut, that is the only way a professional organisation can learn from its mistakes as well as enhance elements that worked as expected.

Might as well finish as I started, 3 additional signings is acceptable for me, 2 or less I would regard as being a below par outcome leaving us with more holes in the squad than I would want, considering there will also be outgoings.

Lad, what right have you, a 23 year old with no experience of life, to call a self made billionaire amateurish? Wind your bloody neck in and take your futile negativity somewhere else. There's nothing you won't see as useless about everton is there?

Look I'm all for making something of oneself, and can only applaud his entreprenueurial nouse, but Everton football club ain't any ordinary business. In taking custody of the club he's carrying the hopes and dreams of hundreds of thousands of people around the world and I hope he's up to it. I think time will prove he was up to it, but he's certainly finding it harder than he expected.

If the players won't sign it's not Koeman's and Moshiri's fault, it's the clown with the brown shoes who's devalued the club's rep with poor league finishes.

We've out bid Chelski for Koulibaly, had a bid accepted by Zenit for Witsel, not much more we can do.

Yep can't blame the management for players not wanting to sign for us, as I said though, what I posted wasn't my view of things, just putting it out there as to why some lads are feeling a bit meh about it all. Me, I'll wait till the window closes.

Whether we've changed the way we go about our business or not. The fact is we still haven't spent a penny so far this summer.....and it's now to late to bring the quality or numbers in that we needed. And that is very worrying.

On deadline day 2013 we signed McCarthy, Lukaku and Barry in the space of an hour.

That was quality and numbers in one fell swoop. late in the window.

So we very much isn't too late.

If the players won't sign it's not Koeman's and Moshiri's fault, it's the clown with the brown shoes who's devalued the club's rep with poor league finishes.

We've out bid Chelski for Koulibaly, had a bid accepted by Zenit for Witsel, not much more we can do.

Yeah its all Martinez' fault...

Can't be that they werent sold on Koeman...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back