Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are numerous players we need to let go and numerous players we need to bring in.. Yet once again it's left until the last minute and once again it will cost us.

If we bring even two players in I'd be amazed
If only real life was as easy as Football Manager...

We're undefeated so far this season, in the top four in the league and much better defensively than the last two seasons. Players signed vast improvements on what we had. Glass is at least half full.

Head over to Toffeeweb if you want some company in your misery :-)

I'm amazed that some people, many of whom have been following football for years, still don't understand that deadlines drive action. It happens across all facets of business.

The next few days could be wild. I think there's a good chance we will see a few players move who haven't been rumored, mentioned or even thought of.

True this, expect to see "who?" all over the place meanwhile YouTube and wikipedia are going to get some serious traffic as fans across the country look up players they have never heard of

71380670.webp

Improved it?

Mate we beat Stoke by a lucky penalty. Had a host of chances we didn't convert (just like last season)

We've had one good half this season and that was Spurs. Your completely deluded if you've seen any improvement in us as I haven't. One we play stronger sides this will be picked up on

Sorry mate but not conceding 3 goals a game IS an improvement. The players fitness is increasing and the flair/goal side will come

Think only Jose and Pep have so far come out and said they dont expect anymore Ins, every other manager in the league is expecting to get at least 2 or 3 in, Jim Whites head will explode on Wednesday, get in snacks and stay tuned, you wont ever see a window like this ever again.
Tbh I can't see us signing anyone. Rest of the league will be quiet too. Prices have gone ridiculous.

Owners won't spend it. 30m only some barely average player or stick it in your pocket?

I reckon we'll see 4 come in. A striker (don't know who), a defender (kone), a keeper (still think Hart might be on), a winger (brahimi).

Would like us to try for a cm too but rumours have really dried up in that position. Hope Mata comes off but that looks like a no go.
Striker? Gabbiadini for £25m? Seems a lot for a back up. Know nothing about him. Brahimi? Fine, but do we need another winger now. CB and GK yes. 2 or 3 leaving for sure if we bring 4 in. Madhouse couple of days coming up.

Tbh I can't see us signing anyone. Rest of the league will be quiet too. Prices have gone ridiculous.

Owners won't spend it. 30m only some barely average player or stick it in your pocket?
The reason there hasn't been much activity so far is because 30 million is too much for an average player.

With all the new money skewing it, the market hasn't yet had chance to stabilise enough to dictate an average transfer fee.

There's always a degree of brinkmanship in the window, hence all the last-minute deals. It's amplified this year because clubs selling to Premier League teams have been seeing how far they can push their luck.

The time pressure this week will see to prices becoming more realistic - or at least, more reflective of the money in the Premiership.

Because deals have to be done, they will be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back