Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason there hasn't been much activity so far is because 30 million is too much for an average player.

With all the new money skewing it, the market hasn't yet had chance to stabilise enough to dictate an average transfer fee.

There's always a degree of brinkmanship in the window, hence all the last-minute deals. It's amplified this year because clubs selling to Premier League teams have been seeing how far they can push their luck.

The time pressure this week will see to prices becoming more realistic - or at least, more reflective of the money in the Premiership.

Because deals have to be done, they will be done.

Will also be a couple of really big moves in the league as well I think which will further spur other moves on.

Last edited:
Do you understand football? There is an obvious improvement defensively already, and throughout the season this & our fitness will only get better.
I agree. Last year the game against Stoke at home showed us up at our best and worst. We played some great football and eventually got our reward when going 3-2 up with about 20 mins to go in a home match. Lost it 4-3 though!! I'd much rather beat these teams as we have done so far. Good results whilst Koeman is imposing his style and philosophy on the team can only be a good thing. Sure, things will get tougher when we play a top side (City is first really big game I think). But by then we could have a very solid start under our belt. I already feel more confident about getting results against the 'rest of the teams ' outside the big boys under RK.

I agree. Last year the game against Stoke at home showed us up at our best and worst. We played some great football and eventually got our reward when going 3-2 up with about 20 mins to go in a home match. Lost it 4-3 though!! I'd much rather beat these teams as we have done so far. Good results whilst Koeman is imposing his style and philosophy on the team can only be a good thing. Sure, things will get tougher when we play a top side (City is first really big game I think). But by then we could have a very solid start under our belt. I already feel more confident about getting results against the 'rest of the teams ' outside the big boys under RK.

Koeman has a good record against the 'big boys' from what I recall, if he can translate that to us and meanwhilst we can continue the stoke and west brim type results then could be a very interesting season for us really.

The ambition we show the next few days could be a decent barometer

Koemans post match interview was telling. He said he'd be really disappointed if we didn't make signings before the deadline (or words to that effect). The prices are bonkers, and this has something to do with it surely. £25m and £30m for players we've barely heard of. Look what we got for £13m in Niasse!! I know its the going rate; but still. This is why it goes to the wire. Brinkmanship all over the gaff!

Koeman has a good record against the 'big boys' from what I recall, if he can translate that to us and meanwhilst we can continue the stoke and west brim type results then could be a very interesting season for us really.

The ambition we show the next few days could be a decent barometer
Yes mate. I can see Koeman making us a difficult side to play against once we're fully match fit etc. Beating the teams that sit back against us is key. And we've done it twice in two games so far. Early days, but good signs.

Yes mate. I can see Koeman making us a difficult side to play against once we're fully match fit etc. Beating the teams that sit back against us is key. And we've done it twice in two games so far. Early days, but good signs.

All without having to rely on lukaku scoring and looking a few weeks behind the rest fitness and sharpness wise as well.

Way we're set up I fancy our chances against any team that comes at us, we've added solidity and pace to the team and seem keen to add more of both.

Add 3-4 quality additions by weds and we could be in the mix this season all the way.

Improved it?

Mate we beat Stoke by a lucky penalty. Had a host of chances we didn't convert (just like last season)

We've had one good half this season and that was Spurs. Your completely deluded if you've seen any improvement in us as I haven't. One we play stronger sides this will be picked up on
Didnt see the Stoke game as I was on holiday. Even if we did get lucky v Stoke we were more solid apparently. I agree we had one good half v Spurs, but I also thought we had a good second half against WBA. I went to that game and we completely controlled it. We're only 3 games in and we have 7 points. And i'd have thought 7 from 9 in those fixtures was achievable and we did that. Sure, it'll be tougher when we play the very top sides but as long as we're getting results against the rest its surely going to be better than the last two seasons?

All without having to rely on lukaku scoring and looking a few weeks behind the rest fitness and sharpness wise as well.

Way we're set up I fancy our chances against any team that comes at us, we've added solidity and pace to the team and seem keen to add more of both.

Add 3-4 quality additions by weds and we could be in the mix this season all the way.
'Quality' being the operative word. Fingers crossed.

Didnt see the Stoke game as I was on holiday. Even if we did get lucky v Stoke we were more solid apparently. I agree we had one good half v Spurs, but I also thought we had a good second half against WBA. I went to that game and we completely controlled it. We're only 3 games in and we have 7 points. And i'd have thought 7 from 9 in those fixtures was achievable and we did that. Sure, it'll be tougher when we play the very top sides but as long as we're getting results against the rest its surely going to be better than the last two seasons?

Stoke created nothing mate and we dominated the game, the pen was lucky but the goal was coming from 20 mins in as we cranked the pressure up on them constantly from that point, we don't get the pen then we would have kept pushing rather than switching to protect the result and think we score anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back