Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to Sissoko I'd struggle to get motivated playing for newcastle, when he plays for France he seemingly plays with passion. Now he's joining a club in champs league he'll probably step it up

When Rom's form turned to crap last season our results were relegation standard.

We have absolutely no squad depth. I'm not sold on Stek, a few good games does not make a good GK and we are also completely reliant on a 35 year old Barry and 34 year old Jags.

A few injuries that's all it would take.

We were [Poor language removed] because we had one dimensional, balding, boring arsed about face manager in charge who couldn't manage his way out a phonebox

Mad scenes on Sky later when Jim White hooks his iPhone up to that mazzy iPad they have on their wall waiting for Moshiri texts.

Forgive my ignorance, don't 'playmakers' usually operate from central midfield?

Number 10 role usually, though you can have a playmaker play anywhere surely? Tadic was Southampton's main playmaker under RK and he usually operated from the flank.

More specifically, I don't know if Ross is right at number 10. But Brahimi for example might actually play on the left. The point I'm making is that I don't see anyone in our team with the creative spark the other teams can boast (Eriksen, Mata, Silva, Payet, Tadic).

Yet people say he's lazy.
At times he can be, but I dont think people realize how hard it is both physically and mentally to play every game for a season, especially for such a young guy. I wasnt the least bit shocked when he became less and less effective last season, it would have been a lot more surprising if he somehow was able to continue scoring that freely till the end of the season. From memory, every free scoring forward Has breaks during the seasons. Aguero gets a month here and there due to injury, Suarez due to bans, and so on.
If we bring real backup for Rom, and actually rest him when need be, he will continue scoring through the season.

- Mr Moshiri: "I'll give everything I have for this club"
- Mr Kenwright: "There is no better salesman for Everton than myself"
- Everton: "Nothing will be the same"

Last day of the transfer window: Negative net spend and a paper thin squad.

GREAT WORK GUYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back