Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
SISSOKO UPDATE

Sky sources understand Newcastle will sell Moussa Sissoko to Tottenham.

We understand Newcastle want £30m for the midfielder and the club will accept five payments of £6m per instalment.

Kenwright special and he is nowhere near it

Berahinho anyone? Think he would be a good addition. He's got pace and is a good finisher. He would offer us something fresh and different

Given that the price tag is not too outrageous and he is mobile and knows how to score goals, then yes. On the flipside, the fact that no one is interested in him, other than Stoke, suggests other clubs feel he is a wrong'un in some way, big headed with hissy fits or whatever?

If Rom gets injured.

We have Utd, City, Chelsea Arsenal as the top 4
Liverpool and Spurs in Europe
We are in among Stoke, Leicester, West Ham and Palace for top half. With the business Leicester, Stoke and Palace are looking to do I think we will struggle to to finish above them. That's the top 10.

It doesn't take much for a team around 10th to drop into a relegation fight.
Just jump already! You've been on that ledge for weeks.

I think we do actually need a playmaker and another striker. I'm not too bothered about central midfield or defence, as we clearly have a fair bit of quality there. Of course more strength in depth would be great, but we have a glaring problem further forward. If Rom gets injured we're utterly buggered, and even if he doesn't he's got no one to push him. And I'm just not 100% sold on Ross as the playmaker, though I think he's playing quite well. I really want to see a Mata/Brahimi type come in, so fingers crossed. Whether or not Ross is the answer in that position, it's clear if he gets injured we're lacking there as well.

Ultimately, I think those two positions will decide how far up the table we finish. Already I've seen our wingers making great runs and not being picked out, and I've seen good opportunities going to waste due to Rom being a bit out of form. Brahimi and Bony for example, would make us decent outsiders for the top 4, if we can continue defensively and tactically as we have done so far under RK.

Fingers crossed anyway.

RELEGATION SHOUT

Mother of all meltdowns. Bravo Marty, bravo
When Rom's form turned to crap last season our results were relegation standard.

We have absolutely no squad depth. I'm not sold on Stek, a few good games does not make a good GK and we are also completely reliant on a 35 year old Barry and 34 year old Jags.

A few injuries that's all it would take.

Berahinho anyone? Think he would be a good addition. He's got pace and is a good finisher. He would offer us something fresh and different
Like refusing to play for the team?

I wouldnt go near that guy. One decent season, and he thinks he's too good for WestBrom, a more than decent team, with a more than decent manager, and lots of history. I hope Pulis sends that ungrateful brat to the u21s and let him rot there.

Even if he ist injured. Rom cannot play every game like he did last season. He was all tired out by christmas, and we were so lucky he didnt get injured. That guy is made of some high-end belgian meat, if I had to play that much football, Id still be injured november last year.
Yet people say he's lazy.

When Rom's form turned to crap last season our results were relegation standard.

We have absolutely no squad depth. I'm not sold on Stek, a few good games does not make a good GK and we are also completely reliant on a 35 year old Barry and 34 year old Jags.

A few injuries that's all it would take.
Don't worry we have 32 year old Williams to sort out the defence and the crock Besic will be fine for midfield about April time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back