Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
....perhaps RK never wanted him, perhaps it was never on.

Nobody is pushing for another striker option more than me but with Kone it has to be him or Lukaku. One would spend lots of time on the bench. I think RK wants more versatility, somebody who can play off the striker as well as providing cover option.

Yep, sitting on the bench hoping for the last 15 mins is not too enticing a prospect for a top class striker. Agreed, we need a striker who can offer us something we haven't currently got.

I think we do actually need a playmaker and another striker. I'm not too bothered about central midfield or defence, as we clearly have a fair bit of quality there. Of course more strength in depth would be great, but we have a glaring problem further forward. If Rom gets injured we're utterly buggered, and even if he doesn't he's got no one to push him. And I'm just not 100% sold on Ross as the playmaker, though I think he's playing quite well. I really want to see a Mata/Brahimi type come in, so fingers crossed. Whether or not Ross is the answer in that position, it's clear if he gets injured we're lacking there as well.

Ultimately, I think those two positions will decide how far up the table we finish. Already I've seen our wingers making great runs and not being picked out, and I've seen good opportunities going to waste due to Rom being a bit out of form. Brahimi and Bony for example, would make us decent outsiders for the top 4, if we can continue defensively and tactically as we have done so far under RK.

Fingers crossed anyway.

Forgive my ignorance, don't 'playmakers' usually operate from central midfield?

On a serious note I do wonder if we have done less business than we expected as Koeman has been surprised by the fact that Holgate, Davies and a few of the other kids are as good as they are and sees them as the squad fillers people seem so desperate for.

Still need a striker though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back