Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most would think £25m+ for Bolasie falls into the same bracket of stupidity.

Perhaps we just have our targets and we'll pay what it takes to get them. It's a new era in that regard; I can't see us haggling over pennies like under Moyes. But of course that opens you up to overpaying as well.

At the end of the day I just want us to sign good players. I think Sissoko is a good player, though not a £30m player and Bolasie isn't a £25m one, but I'm glad we signed Yannick and I'll enjoy watching him more than 25 million unspent pounds.

We didn't pay twice the actual value for Bolasie though (I rated him about £15-18m), whereas Sissoko is a £16m player tops. £30m would be a disgraceful panic buy.

Luckily it looks we're not in for him, and I couldn't be happier.

As you imply, the (very short run) form of Holgate and Stekelenburg has allowed this window to pass by without any feeling of panic for our onfield chances. However, that is a very thin straw to rest so much weight on.

You're bang on about this deadline day being used to top up rather than be everything hingeing on it. This is poor planning what we're seeing here right now.

The unfathomable dimension to this window so far is the failure to get a support striker in for Lukaku. Once it was known he was staying that should have been sorted. Koeman secured Long as a good foil for their starting striker at S'ton and - although he inherited two different types of squads - that was always a priority here...and the new working relationship with Walsh doesn't cut it as an explanation.

Yes. And yes.

I remain confident (hopeful)...but surely...SURELY that's a situation that'll be addressed.

Surely. o_O

We didn't pay twice the actual value for Bolasie though (I rated him about £15-18m), whereas Sissoko is a £16m player tops. £30m would be a disgraceful panic buy.

Luckily it looks we're not in for him, and I couldn't be happier.

Fair enough.

Personally I want us to sign anyone who Koeman/Walsh want to sign. If they want to sign Sissoko then let's get him in. So far our signings have been impressive and it's clear between them we're in good hands. We may not be in for Sissoko but I'm not taking the word of Murdoch-owned, clickbait sensationalists with ulterior motives on that, just yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back