Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking about it, there was only really Kone who was desperate to come, out of everyone we wanted but couldn't get? Witsel held out for Juventus, Hart was never seemingly a target (Stek appears to be his no1 choice) Lucas and Sissoko went elsewhere and Ghezzal said no thanks.

Koeman and Walsh weren't in place early enough to get their preferred deals over the line before silly season started. Next summer will be different.
That's a good point. We were never in for any keeper. Not one was linked to us except Hart and that was from his end.

Koeman bought a keeper for 750K at the start of the window knowing he was probably going to be his first choice. Does that sound like the move of a man who thought we had a warchest to spend?

NEA

Stek, Williams and Gana in.
Walsh in.
Ossie, Hibbert, Pienaar and McGeady off the payroll.
Transfer market was totally over-priced dross, so what we secured looks like good value.
Let's see what Bolassie offers.

The team is playing well enough after 3 games.
Need to take the long view
Honestly, Walsh hasn't changed a thing though has he (at least so far)?

Like literally Gana's '2nd to Kante' stats were everywhere on sky, and he was previously linked with Koeman (I think)?

Williams and Stek were hardly anything to do with Walsh' magic either.

ByZtSopCMAEJk7o.jpg

Don't think i'm jumping the gun so heres your avi for a whole month ;)
your failure to read makes this null and void either way

Really important season. Another bad one, Rom will be gone, Ageing key players - Jags, Baines, Barry. On top of the 4-5 players we already need, add a few more next season. next years window could be wonderful or worse.

Before the Euros... Sissoko said this...

Everyone knows, I often said it when I was young, Arsenal is the club of my heart, because there were quite a few French players there like Thierry Henry, Robert Pires, Sylvain Wiltord, Patrick Vieira who was my idol…

"The beautiful Arsenal. We will see. I cannot tell you if I am going to go to Arsenal. For the moment, I am focused on the French national team and the Euros."

LOL
The one thing making this evening easier is learning what a void of a human being Sissoko is.

Europe's possible but because we've failed to strengthen the squad significantly it's going to be a lot harder and injuries might wreck our chances now.

I fully believe if we'd got the right players in today we'd have a really strong chance of European football next season. As it stands now I think it'll be 50\50. If we get hit by any long term injuries to Lukaku or Gueye I don't think we'll do it.

We got Europe and almost CL with pretty much the same squad 3 seasons ago. Poor management took us down to 11th. Good management plus Gueye and the other changes could well see us back up there again. I'm not so worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back