Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me why I am wrong then and lets have a reasoned debate mate rather than petty childish exclamation marks.

Your original post which I responded to was

Absolute disaster.

I don't care but Moshiri, Walsh, Koeman..whoever need to buck there ideas up as its been an absolute shambolic window.

Now you put yourself forward as someone who's fairly close to the business, so, on the assumption that's true, you know how the system works. Players will join the best club for them, which is based on a combination of money and their ambitions.

If players can go to a club where they see a short term benefit and clubs can offer European football, then that's where they'll go. Chanxes are they'll move on within three or four years.

Of the realistic targets that we've actually been in for, there's really only Sissoko we've missed out on. The likes of Witsel, Mata and Carvalho were always long shots.

For sure, the end to the window has been disappointing, but we didn't seem to be really interested in the likes of Bony and Hart. We could, and should have done better, but when someone who professes to be a professional in or around this area comes up with words and phrases like "disaster" and "complete shambles" then please don't expect me to take you too seriously.

Of players worth noting, Howard, Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar and Stones have left the club. Hibbert, Osman abd Pienaar barely featured last year.

Howard's been replaced by the Dutch keeper who I can't spell, which at first glance seems to be an upgrade.

Stones has been replaced by Williams. Undoubtedly Stones is the more talented footballer but William is probably a better fit for us as a team.

Gana has been added and, again at first glance appears to be a good addition.
I'm on the fence with Bolassie.

Holgate's coming through and Davies and perhaps one or two others as well.

Overall, the squad's probably improved from the end of last season. We've missed out on targets which would have improved us more, but our recent league positions mean we're negogiating with one hand tied behind our back.

What I see is a disappointing end to a window which, with a couple of other signings would have been a pretty good one, but if you want to still want to call it a disgrace then go right ahead and fume.

Window seemed to be going fairly well but went to sh!t in the final week. Needed a striker but beaten to Perez by Arsenal. Gabbiadini deal failed for whatever reason. End up with Valencia who West Ham fans are adamant is terrible. Very underwhelming signing but lets hope for the best.

Beaten to Sissosko by Spurs at the 11th hour although I feel that may be a blessing is disguise. Newcastle fans claim his attitude is shocking, conduct seems to have confirmed that. Plus £30 million is well over the odds.

Brahimi deal went silent, who knows why that failed.

Early shouts of Mata, Witsel, etc obviously too optimistic. In fairness the signings we have made (bar Valencia) have been fairly good so far.

Definitely questions over Everton officials ability to get deals done. Goodness knows what the manager is thinking after all this.

I realise we've had a better transfer windows compared to ones in recent years, but this just feels worse. The expectations were so high... Mata, Witsel, Kouliblabby, Carvahlo, Kone etc. £100m was meant to be a low estimate of what we were likely going to spend. And we end it like this. What a [Poor language removed] disappointment.

Says it all really.

But we still have a much better squad, last season were were tipped to have a good chance to get top 4 with what was said to be the best squad we have had in years. We basically still have that squad plus so very good editions, stones has gone but his heart wasn't with us last season, we are better off without as he was to blame for a fair few mistakes. We will do well this season I'm sure of that, you can't buy who is there and that seems to have been our problem.

Toffeeweb has collapsed under the weight of unbridled joy at the signing of Valencia

5266659-8150118267-1030b.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back