Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy%20Savile

A tiny little liverpool badge putting you off? Didums, there you go use that one instead.
you want me to use a pedophile as a display picture? i admit i lost and i'll be in a far less grumpy mood tomorrow, but for now nah you're sound.

Honestly, Walsh hasn't changed a thing though has he (at least so far)?

Like literally Gana's '2nd to Kante' stats were everywhere on sky, and he was previously linked with Koeman (I think)?

Williams and Stek were hardly anything to do with Walsh' magic either.
I think Brahimi, Ghezzal and Slimani were Walsh potential signing.

So far he looks like a guy that saw Algeria play in the World Cup and thought "damn they looked good". So did a lot of us.

I know we are told things are improving behind the scenes etc with new stadium, new more competent board members in place but surely a football club is based on the players on the pitch? We have known the whole summer the areas we need to strengthen. Whether we could get the top class players in or quite clearly not, this window and Everton have been shocking. Walsh was brought in as DOF to find these hidden gem players like Mahrez etc. Moshiri advised he would provide significant transfer funds, yet here we are at the end of his first transfer window with a near negative nett spend. It's easy to sit here and carry on the blame of Kenwright and Elstone but Moshiri has left these in charge and it has backfired spectacularly.

I'm not sitting here bed wetting etc as we have a squad able to compete at some level but this has been an utter shambles and people cannot deny that for one moment. First transfer window as new billionaire owner, with record tv deal and we end it in this way. Something seriously has gone wrong these last couple of months with regards to transfer dealings and it needs addressing urgently so this does not happen again in January and beyond.

Koeman was appointed in June. Walsh in mid July.
Sorry but your naive here.

What's your point? We went in for players, they turned us down.

I don't think that's enough time for either man to get a strategy in place, after assessing the squad and then drawing up potential lists of first, second and third targets.

Hasn't this window kinda proved that?

Crack on mate, piss yourself senseless

We'll no doubt get relegated now like, I mean it's about 16 weeks until the next opportunity we'll get to buy some fresh faces
We won't get relegated but we won't be troubling the European places. And you're right 16 weeks then another 20 and after that another 16 and on and on until one of me or you dies. I hope to see us compete again before I go, not sure you're even arsed.

Last edited:
you want me to use a pedophile as a display picture? i admit i lost and i'll be in a far less grumpy mood tomorrow, but for now nah you're sound.

Yes mate, it was all a bit of fun for the window mate, no need to be sad Everton will still be here tomorrow regardless of what business we have done this summer. Smile

A CTA? Well I stand corrected - you are a financial God. Have you put any of that theory into practice yet? Do you have any clue whatsoever about business ethics and practice, regulation, reputation risk, corporate governance, or whether to go for liquorice twirls or sherbert dib-dabs?

Not a big lot no mate to be honest, I'm a compliance man lol

I think Bill is an asset stripper. That's my view and I think it's clear. No investment, huge profit on sale of business, sale of training ground. Look I'v been an utter tit tonight and completely lost my head in frustration so I'm gonna call it quits for today. My argument has nothing to do with tax and I'll leave it there. Apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back